ʚɞ Eight - Fun guys ʚɞ

Tom, Alex and Sonic rush out of the Piston Pit and make a beeline for the truck. Alex can't help but smile at all the excitement that had just happened.

"That was amazing!" Sonic cried out as he throws his disguise off to the side. "Wait a second, did we even pay our tab? It doesn't matter!"

As they approached the car, Sonic spoke again. "Watch this, watch this! I always wanted to do this!" Sonic jumps up and slides across the hood of Tom's truck and into the truck.

"Get 'em!" a man from the bar shouted.

"See ya, suckers!" Sonic waved as Tom began quickly driving the truck away. "I can't say for sure, but I think they liked me."

Once the group are far enough from the patrons, they begin celebrating their victory with laughs and cheers. Alex let out a loud whoop and shot a fist into the air.

"Yes!" Sonic laughed.

"Yeah!" Tom cheered before grabbing the cheek he'd been punched on. "Ouch!"

"He got you pretty good!" Sonic replied.

"I'm all right. I've been hit harder," Tom shrugged it off.

"Did you see how much toilet paper I used?" Sonic asked as Alex continued laughing. "The next person that goes into that bathroom will have nothing to wipe with!"

■■■

"The floors were sticky. The crowd was rough," Sonic jumps excitedly on a bed while Tom grabs some ice for his bruises. "And the odds were against us. But there was no stopping Donut Lord, Curly Tree and the Blue Blur! Scratch another one off my list."

Tom sits down on the bed while Sonic sits on the other one, "You are a weird little dude."

"Well, I like weird," Alex replied, sitting on the same bed as her dad, drawing in her notebook. "If I didn't I don't think I'd be friends with Ash."

Tom hands Sonic a makeshift ice pack, and Sonic starts imitating Tom as he tends to his bruises, which makes Tom notice and he gets annoyed.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Sonic asked.

"I'm gonna pass out watching TV," Tom answered as he took his shoes off. "I think you should too."

"But this is my last night on Earth! I want to soak up every last second!" Sonic replied.

"All right, anything you can find to do in this room, you knock yourself out," Tom offered.

Sonic looks around for a moment before he zips all over the room, doing pretty much everything he can to amuse himself. Finally, he finishes up with a shower and comes back to the bed wearing towels on his head and body and slippers on his feet.

"Good times," Sonic smiled.

Sonic then lets out a fat, which annoys Tom even more and makes Alex cringe. "Oh, come on. That's awful. What did you eat?"

"I think it's called a... chili dog?" Sonic answered, unsure.

"You might want to check your fur on that one, buddy," Tom replied.

"Hey, so, what's this next planet you're supposed to go to like?" Alex asked, intrigued.

"It's no Earth, I can tell you that," Sonic explained. "There's no people, just breathable air and giant mushrooms and stuff."

Tom shrugs, "Well, look at it this way; at least you won't be the only fun-guy."

Alex's eyes widened slightly as she got the joke, letting out a muffled laugh. Sonic, however, was very unimpressed.

"No. Don't ever do that again," Sonic said to Tom, who was also laughing a little.

"I liked it," Tom chuckled.

"How long have you been here on Earth?" Alex asked.

"About ten years, since I was four," Sonic answered.

"You're two years older than me?" Alex asked.

"One year, technically," Sonic replied. "You're turning 13 in two months, right?"

"True," Alex nodded.

"I'm really gonna miss this place," Sonic said, looking throughout the room with a sad smile. "I know I have to leave Earth to be safe, but what if Longclaw was wrong? Maybe I could have a life here."

Tom was silent for a few moments before he stood up, "All right. We should get some sleep."

"You sleep. Don't worry about me. I'm gonna stay up all night enjoying Earth while I can!" Sonic replied, sounding very confident.

"Sure, kid," Tom replied, turning off a lamp. "As long as we're on the road by 8:00."

Tom turns around to find Sonic sleeping peacefully while mumbling in his sleep. Tom tucks Sonic in, and then notices Alex reading through Sonic's bucket list. Alex was reading through the ones that weren't crossed out, but one stood out to her. 

The final item on his list; Make a real friend.

Alex bites her cheek, feeling slightly guilty for talking about her and Ashley so much while being with Sonic. Maybe she could make their last day together another fun day?

"Thomas Wachowski, accused of committing an act of domestic terrorism and kidnapping his 12-year-old daughter, Alexandra Wachowski," the news reporter announced on TV. Beside him were two pictures. One had Tom's face while the other had a picture of Alex that they must've found in the house or online. "Wachowski is considered armed and dangerous and could potentially use Alex as a threat. Any information regarding his whereabouts should be reported to local authorities immediately."

Tom noticed Alex's worried looks. If this is what was being said about them, Alex could get taken away from Tom and Maddie.

"Don't worry, Alex," Tom reassured his daughter. "I made a promise that I won't let anything happen to you. I'm not planning on breaking that promise anytime soon."

Alex smiled a little, though she was still worried. "Thanks, Dad."

"Get some rest," Tom ushered his daughter to the empty bed. "I'll take the area next to Sonic."