21 || Attempts were made

Start from the beginning

Thinking...

Processing...

"O H! Man, I fell for the oldest trick in the book." You laughed to yourself.

"Come on, Loverboy. We can't find Moony if you keep flirting," Freddy couldn't help but blush at the new nickname you gave him.

It's been over an hour and neither you nor Freddy saw any sign of the Moon animatronic.

"You can't hide forever, Moony! Uh... Freddy?"

"Hm?"

"Do you plan on letting my hand go or?

"S-Sorry!" He promptly let go of your hand as you two continued to search for the Daycare Attendant.

You heard some metal sounds coming down a hallway near parts and service and cautiously approached the area, thinking it might have been another intruder. It was hard to be stealthy since Freddy's heavy footsteps gave away your position.

When you peeked your head around the corner, you were surprised to find the Sun animatronic.

"Sunny?" The said animatronic turned around and ran towards you with a huge grin on their face.

"Hello, Y/N!" They lifted you up and engulfed you in a hug, to which you returned with a small pat on the back.

"What are you doing here??" They asked as they slowly set you down.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Oh! Well, Moon refused to believe that something was wrong with our system, so I'm here trying to find the location where you usually give us our routine check-up. Unfortunately, there seems to be an error in our map function."

"I see. Follow me! I'll fix you both up in parts and service!" you smiled when you noticed they had a grateful look in their eyes.

You three arrived at the parts and service and you told Sunrise to sit on the metal recliner while Freddy had to wait outside. You didn't know why he was still following you, but it oddly gave you some comfort.

"Alrighty, what's the problem here..." you asked to no one in particular as you opened up the compartment on their back and saw how the wires were jumbled with no order whatsoever.

You didn't know what you did, but you were now looking at half of the sun animatronic and the other half being the moon animatronic, taking control of their body, and even they were shocked at this revelation!

"Interesting... What if I..." you rearranged some wires and watched as the Moon animatronic took over their body.

"Try making Sunrise come out."

Almost immediately, Sunrise took over and looked flabbergasted.

"W-What just happened?"

"What did you do to us?!"

"I think... yeah, I dunno. I just fucked around with your wires and I guess you two can switch places at will now." You simply shrugged, and went to fix their map function.

"Y'know Moony, sometimes you remind me of the ocean."

"Oh! Is it because he's deep and mysterious??" Sun guessed.

"Nah, it's 'cuz they're salty and they scare people." you and Sun snickered but the Moon clearly wasn't having it.

Freddy watched you laugh and smile around the Daycare Attendant and a strange feeling bubbled up in his chest.

He wanted to be the one to make you smile. 

He wanted to be the one you could talk to when you feel down.