"You have a suit, and you can wield Mjolnir," Bucky said. "Why would you bother?"

"Uhh because... winged horses," I deadpanned.

Riley shielded her eyes with her hands as she looked up. "I think Becca's up there. I'll get her to land."

She stood and a breeze picked up before she took off, flying straight up to where the Valkyrie were.

"Aren't they called pegasus?" Sam asked as we watched as the horses faltered a little because of Riley interfering with their updraft.

"Pegasus was the name of a specific winged horse in Greek Mythology," I said. "Wait. Is it Greek Mythology?" I turned and looked at Sif. "If we thought you were gods, could the Greek gods exist too?"

"I really couldn't say," Sif answered. "Anything is possible I suppose."

When Riley stopped talking with Rebecca she returned to the ground quickly and a moment later two of the winged horses circled around and came to a landing near where we had tethered our horses. Both groups of horses snorted and stomped their feet before settling.

I picked up Thour and carried her over to where Rebecca was dismounting. I hadn't seen her in her official Valkyrie armor before. As she was still training, when I did see her it was usually in a generic black leather and silver set. However, she would usually change into simple linens at the end of the day for comfort. The set she was wearing now was a pale grey with gold accents. Completely non-sexual in design, it covered her from neck to toe. She had a blue cape attached to her shoulders and her dark hair was braided so it pulled back and cascaded down behind her. On her head was a silver helm with two golden wings engraved on forming a v at the front.

"What are you guys doing out here?" she asked, kissing my cheek and playing with Thour's hand.

"Taking the babies out to see the world," I said. "Why didn't you tell me you rode winged horses?"

"I can literally fly on my own, no wings, and you're impressed by a horse," she teased. "Should have known."

I laughed and patted its neck, and ran my hand down over its wings.

"Mom, dads, come meet Brunnhilde," Rebecca said, circling around to the other horse. "She's the leader of the Valkyrior."

I came around to where Rebecca was as Bucky and Sam stood. Brunnhilde was dressed the same as Rebecca though she had a blue sword strapped to her hip. I had seen her before at feasts and other official events but only ever at a distance and mixed into the group of Valkyrie. She was at least three inches shorter than Rebecca and five inches shorter than me, but like Natasha, it was easy to tell she could snap me like a twig if she so desired. Her heart-shaped face was set stern, and with her dark hair braided back, her skin glowed copper in the filtered afternoon light.

I'd never felt such an instant attraction to someone since Natasha decided to bring me into her family. It was a little startling, to say the least.

She crossed her left hand over her chest and lowered her head slightly, though her jaw stayed set. "Your majesties," she said in a tone that suggested that she was doing so under duress. I liked her immediately.

"Oh don't stand by ceremony with us," I said quickly. Behind us, Fandrall and Sif began laughing.

"That seemed painful for both of you," Sif teased.

"Finally the woman who reluctantly serves the crown meets the woman who reluctantly is the crown," Frandral teased. "It had to happen eventually."

"You don't like being a Valkyrie?" I asked.