Chapter 6

Avery's POV

"so you trynna say I can't sang?'' I asked her with my eyebrow raised.

"You can't , I mean you sound horrible, baby stop while you ahead."

Then she had the nerve to pat my head like I was a dog. I swatted her hand away.

So after spending time shopping we came back to my house, ate and now she wanna play some music but when I start to sing for her, she want to laugh and act like I really can't sing. NIGGAHH!!! yes I can.

"So I'm ya baby huh?''
She blushed looking down at her phone.

"No it's just a habit of sayin baby like that, ya' know its a southern thing. You should know you from New Orleans."

I understood. A lot of people from the south say it.

I nodded." Yeah my momma do it too. She a hit you wit "hey baby how you doing" or "sweatheart can you hand me that" trust me I know all about it."

                  Anari's POV

I nodded.
"My family does it all the time and don't let em hit you with 'shugg' boy I tell ya if you been to the south you will definitely pick up on it.''

He nodded rubbing his chin hair then licked his lips.
"So you like staying with your momma or would ya rather stay with ya pops?" he laid back in the recliner.

"Aww you remembered''
I blushed.
''but id rather stay with my momma , cause boy my daddy a bum ass nigga and I genuinely don't fuck with em, he really part of why I don't trust many niggas, but my uncles watch out for me so I'm cool ya know?''
I looked at the TV soon as I saw that commercial about burger kings chicken fries, when the chicken be online dating and he say "dang frenchy como talle vu lemme Holla atchu" (A/N: I been dying off that commercial)

I busted out laughing and Avery was chuckling too.

"Woo,he a trip I can't with this commercial.''

I looked at Avery.
"Why you stay by yourself and not with your mama like a normal 19 year old?"

"I got put out when I was 17 for some stupid shit''
He would not meeting my gaze so I could tell he didn't want to really talk about it.

"Mmhmm, so you gon tell me or what?''

"I don't want to scare you away baby."

"But if I don't know, how can I can't trust you?"

"I get it , but I just got in some trouble." I nodded mentally racking my brain trying to figure out what it could be.

I guess I'll leave it alone since he don't want to tell me right now, but trust this isn't over.

"Soooo?''

"Sooooo?''
he copied me.

Shrugging I kept thinking what could make a mother put her son out?

"Anari what time is it?''

''umm'' I pulled my extra large phone out "6:34 now. Why?''

"Imma have to leave later on''
I nodded Knowing if I questioned him, he won't gon answer me.

"Ohh" I mumbled. I had a attitude but he'll get over it.

"So we having attitudes now?"
I rolled my eyes looking through Instagram and kindly through up my middle finger.

"Just say the word and you can get it." I just stared at him blankly.

"So you ain't gon talk to me no anymore?''
I looked at the TV plucking at my nails. "Okay well you can leave then.''
I shrugged and got up, started to gather my stuff. I stopped when I felt his arms snake around my thick waist from behind.