Chapter 1

Anari's POV

Walking in, the women in the booth giving out tickets and bracelets Immediately stopped us.

Already knowing Nay and I couldn't skate if our lives depended on it. I told the women we just wanted to play the arcade games. She let us through the large door .

Nay grabbed my arm drug towards the area you drop your shoes at and I looked at her funny.

"A couple of my friends are here" she spoke answering before I could ask.

Looking at around it was packed with people that looked to be ranging from the age of fourteen to twenty. I spotted this tall dark skin guy I didn't recognize him but I followed my cousin since she was dragging me in his direction. As we got through the crowd I noticed her boyfriend, the unknown guy and a shorter guy.

He stood from the bench and I looked him over he was tall, had to be over 6'5. He towered over everyone around. He had the prettiest dark brown complexion that complimented his beautiful light brown eyes. He wore a cute closed mouth smile directed towards Val who I hadn't notice come over.

She was Nay's best friend more like sister and someone I grew to love like a cousin. The girl was gorgeous. She was a very light complexion almost white, her hair was black and was cut into a short high low bob. She had the prettiest green eyes that would change from green to hazel and she was also super tiny standing at maybe 4'5.

He liked her I assumed. Then he spoke and his voice was deep a little raspy but soothing .

Once the boys finished putting their skates on we walked to the wall located by the wooden skating floor.

All the boys had went onto the floor and came to wall in front of us after going around the circle I guess he noticed me now, he looked down smiled and I gave a slight one back.

"Wassup, baybeh".

He spoke still holding that same smile. His accent caught me it was interesting something I've never heard but wanted to hear more of.

Blushing I looked down.

"Hey"

I all but yelled since they were playing music now.

"Aye leave her alone, that's my lil baby"

Val spoke from in between her boyfriends arms.
To be honest I liked her old boyfriend more because this one was weird but she's happy so I'll let it go.

He smiled at her.

" don't ev...."

she began but he interrupted.

"You know ya uglyass need gon' sum were cockblockin ass, just cause yo man ain't giving you no play don't mean you gotta fuck with shit I got going on." he chuckled.

"whatever"

She mumbled while he turned to me.

"I'm Avery."

"Anari"

"So you Trynna skate with me?"

"Nope, I can't skate"

I told him tucking my top lip in.

He nodded gettin off the wall skating around winking at me. Val and Nay teased about him liking me. That thought popped in my mind but was quickly disintegrated because i knew he didn't like me, hell we didn't even know each other to like one another.

Edited:July 31,2016
Updated Edit: May 27,2018