Prologue

Thought I'd give you guys some encouragement to get the rest of this Fan fiction!! ;) 

---> picture is of Danni :) thought I'd give you a visual

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're so ugly. I don't know what he sees in you." Her laugh echoed in the small, cold room. She heartlessly kicked me in the stomach, making my body curl around her foot, blood trickled out of my mouth. How much more of this can I take? I felt something crack in my chest as she continued to kick, I let out a wince of pain. Satisfied, she walked out of the room, muttering horrible things about me, her laughter continuing. She slammed the door behind her, once again leaving me all alone. I let out a shaky breath, feeling the pain from my ribs. Yup, that's broken. I could feel the dried blood on my cheek, the only reason I hadn't wiped it was because I no longer had the strength to lift the heavy chains that bound me, holding me to the cold floor. Tears silently streamed down my face. I didn't scream for help my voice had all but disappeared. Leaving me with a whisper when I could withstand the effort it took. I just want to go home.

~

I found myself sitting bolt upright in my bed, tangled in the sheets. My heart felt as if it could pound straight out of my chest. I put a hand to my forehead, trying to control my breathing. Ew, what the? Sweat was practically dripping off of my forehead. It's sad to say that I was used to it. Every night I had the same kind of dream. Eleanor would mock me and torture me and then I'd wake up like this. Cold, sweaty, and feeling utterly alone. The fact that Eleanor was now in jail, captured only a week after I told the cops her name, gave me little comfort. My sheets clung to me as I crawled out of bed. A shower with some tunes, that's what I need. I placed my phone on the dock and hit play, Give me love by Ed Sheeran played. Carefully, I stripped off my, now disgusting, pajamas and stood under the still cold water, letting my mind wander.

The last two years had been rough. I had just graduated college with a degree in production. Don't ask me how I managed to get through college so quick. After me and Lou, you know, things got hard, so I took as many classes as I could to keep my mind off of him. In my first year, we had slowly grown apart. At first, it seemed normal, the occasional bouquet and the everyday texts and calls, but they slowly stopped. The nightmares only started when we finally stopped talking. Anyway, Simon Cowell had gladly helped me find a job. He got me an assistant's job at Island Def Jam records. Ms. Jones was the worst boss imaginable. Who knew you had to work your ass off for two years to be a slave?

"Ow!" I almost yelled as the boiling hot water hit my skin, jerking me back to reality. I turned the knob down a notch and was pissed when it was freezing cold. "I can't win!" I muttered as I settled with the scorching hot water. Slowly, I worked the shampoo and conditioner through my bed head, finally untangling it with my fingers. After my immense struggle with my hair, I got it almost knotless. Pleased with myself, I began to get rid of the sweat smell with my Bath and Body works soap. I ran my favorite loofa over my skin. As I washed my stomach, my fingers rubbed against the small, faded scar that was left from my surgery more than two years ago, my permanent reminder of my ordeal.

After quickly shaving my legs, I reluctantly pulled myself from the warm stream of water. I flipped the knob to the 'off' position, and stepped into the steamy room. I grabbed my towel as quick as I could and got myself as dry as possible, while wrapping my hair into a towel. Slowly, I shrinked into my zebra bath robe. As I looked into the mirror on my way out of the bathroom. It was fogged up. I sighed and tip toed down the hall.

~

After some disagreement with my hair, I finally got it to curl, I shrugged. Should be accepted by the rest of the human population. I pulled on my dark skinny jeans and a sheer plaid shirt, adding heels to make it acceptable to my boss. She once suggested that I dress 'more provocatively to get more publicity.' Naturally, I responded with an 'Ah, hell no.' and went on with my life. I appraised myself in the mirror as I applied a light coat of makeup. Ever since the accident, I never considered myself beautiful, my confidence had severely dwindled.

I walked into the kitchen, ready for some breakfast. Not to my surprise, Chloe had fallen asleep at the kitchen table, her head rested on a pile of textbooks. She was a student at the University of California, studying to be a Veterinarian. For her sake, I held in my laughs. The poor girl was working so hard. Like me and Lou, Harry and her had eventually drifted apart. The only one of us that was still together was Heather and Niall, absolutely made for each other.

Mittens had followed me down the steps and meowed hungrily at my feet, rubbing his body against my legs. Food, that's all he thinks about nowadays! Should've named him Niall. I laughed at the reference to my old friend and Dumped his food in his little bowl on the counter, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Nothing to eat in the refrigerator, or the cabinets, or anywhere else. I sighed, lowered my expectations and started all over again. Eggs, I guess that will do. Might as well make some for sleepyhead. The pan was heating on the stove while I mixed some milk into the eggs-Harry had taught me how to cook, I miss him too- when Chloe woke up.

"Equine Infectious Anemia!" She said jerking her head away from the book. A paper had stuck to her forehead.

"Good morning to you too!" I laughed as I poured the eggs into the now hot pan.

"Sorry, I've been studying all freakin' night!" Chloe complained as she peeled the paper off her face.

"Want some eggs?" She nodded eagerly and I dished up the now scrambled eggs. Her eyes got big as I put the plate in front of her.

"I love you!" She said grabbing my arm and chowing down. I sat down next to her, clearing a spot for myself out of her schoolwork. When I had finished I grabbed my purse and car keys to head to work. "Have fun, slave!" She yelled as I left the small house, locking the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys will vote for Chance of a Lifetime and comment so we can get this one going!!!

Rock on guys,

Steph <3