Madam Fang spoke openly, thinking that Fang JiaYi had already met His Majesty and the noble monarch. She didn't know that when Fang JiaYi met them, they were using a disguise.

Based on Minister Fang's attitude, Fang JiaYi had some suspicions, and Madam Fang's words verified her guess. The people she saw again today were indeed His Majesty and the noble monarch.

"It seems the rumors are true. That person genuinely adores the child of the Shen family." Madam Fang was an old hand and could tell true feelings from false ones at a glance. His Majesty's love and care for the noble monarch and the affection in his eyes when he looked at Shen Yu were no sham.

"They really are a perfect couple." Fang JiaYi had seen that before, but she couldn't help feeling surprised by His Majesty's attitude towards the noble monarch.

She didn't know how things worked in the palace, but when they were outside, the noble monarch vaguely seemed to be in charge.

Madam Fang agreed with this and smiled. "I never imagined that person would behave this way with a sweetheart. I wonder if you noticed that they get along with each other regardless of their rank. That person acts like an ordinary man who's fallen in love."

Shen Yu had no idea that Fang JiaYi and her mother were discussing Shang JunLin and himself next door. Yan Zheng was a cordial host, hospitable and well-mannered. Thanks to his efforts, Shang JunLin wasn't as quiet as usual.

It was a small banquet, but both the host and the guests enjoyed themselves.

After the meal, Shen Yu and Shang JunLin took their leave.

Minister Fang got up and left not long after.

Yan Zheng stood by the window, watching the man gently lift the younger man into the carriage. Unreadable emotions filled his eyes.

"If the young master likes Young Master Yu, why not..."

"Careful what you say," Yan Zheng interrupted. "The two husbands are deeply in love. Why should I become a villain and disturb them?"

The man's affection for Shen Yu wasn't lost on Yan Zheng. He could admit to himself that he had certain unspoken thoughts about the person, but those thoughts had now been discarded.

He quietly observed them throughout the meal. The way the man took care of his partner wasn't deliberate or staged but more like a naturally formed habit. The principle of attending to his young husband was deeply engraved into the man's bones. Yan Zheng came to the capital to do serious work. A romantic affair would add some interest, but in the final analysis, it wasn't a priority.

"But..."

"Don't worry." Yan Zheng tapped the servant boy's head with his fan. "What about the things I asked you to do?"

"Everything's done, young master. Are we really not going to return in the future?"

"Why, is there someone back there you can't live without?"

"Young master, don't make fun. It's just that you're worthy of so much more. The young master is clearly... I don't understand why."

Yan Zheng laughed softly. "If I wanted to do it, I would, but what's the point? Why are you worrying about these things at such a young age? Have you ever seen your young master suffer a loss?"

Yan Zheng looked at the distant carriage. Based on the temperament of those two men, he was afraid their identities weren't that simple.

In the carriage, Shen Yu leaned against the window. "Does Your Majesty know who dug up the road?"