"Hello," I said and made my way to the sink where his dishes were.

"Hi! I need help!"

"What is it?"

"You need to help me get a cake! The one I ordered was customized and all have been ruined. The bastard of a delivery guy crashed into a car, ruining the cake I spent so much money on. So, please! Get a new cake for me at the address I'll send to your phone. I'm going to send the money to your account. Don't waste my time, please! I'm so busy right now, bye!"

"But... And she's gone," I said and placed my phone back in my pocket. I grabbed a bowl and spoon then scooped some ice cream into the bowl. "Why can't she get someone else to get the cake. Why me?"

I returned the tub of ice cream and carried my bowl of ice cream to the living room where Jared was. He took my bowl, annoying me.

"That was my ice cream," I said and tried to take it back but he pushed it away, scooping some into his mouth.

"No... This is technically mine," he argued and I gave up. "Who called you anyway?"

"Andrea. She wants me to get her a cake; Lucas' birthday cake. Man, I don't know why she wants me to do this. Ugh, all I want to do is to have this day over once and for all."

Jared chuckled. "Come on, don't be like that. At least, be happy for Lucas. It's his birthday."

He was right. I was not supposed to be sulking because of Andrea. I had not even wished Lucas a happy birthday which was bad of me since he let me live with him. A simple happy birthday would help. I would do it later.

My phone vibrated and I had a feeling it was an alert that Andrea's cake money had entered my account. I rose and glared at the now empty bowl. When Jared caught my eyes, he sheepishly smiled.

"Sorry, I guess I was craving ice cream and didn't even know I needed it," he said.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of his house.

[|]

Two hours after waiting for the cake to be designed at the bakery store, I got back to the apartment building and stopped in front of Lucas' door since Andrea had sent the apartment's address and house number to me via text— if only she knew.

I was about to open it when I remembered I needed to knock like I didn't live here. I knocked and a few seconds later, the door opened. Andrea was standing in front of me with a sweaty face. Her hair was in a messy bun and her outfit was rumpled.

"You got here on time," she said and looked at the box in my hands. "Is that the cake?"

"Yeah," I replied and looked behind her. There were party designs all over from where I could see. I wonder what Lucas would think of it.

"Come in and drop it in the kitchen," she said and stepped aside.

I walked in and went straight to the kitchen since it was not hidden like most houses. I dropped the cake box on the counter and walked over to Andrea who was setting drinks on the coffee table.

"Are you the only one doing all of these?" I asked, taking in the whole place.

"No... I hired some people to help but I did the rest. Especially the bedroom?"