ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ ↬↣↫ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

⋄⋄⋅⋅✺⋆⋄•☽❁☙❁♥︎❁❧❁☾•⋄⋆✺⋅⋅⋄⋄

⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯"In restless walks she'll prowl the nightJuly, she will flyAnd give no warning to her flight"

⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
"In restless walks she'll prowl the night
July, she will fly
And give no warning to her flight"

April Come She Will; Simon and Garfunkel
⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯

⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆

OLIVE FOUND HERSELF LAYING in her bed, tracing the wooden markings that lined the beautiful built in posts of her comfortable mattress. And then when her green eyes travelled to the dark wooden ceiling, she found herself thinking deeply about it's cold brown colour, and how it darkened ever so slightly every time the castle creaked. She thought about just how dark her wooden ceiling was. How the wood grains represented how long that tree had lived for. That was what it represented, right?

Her thoughts of the age of wood progressed into different types of wood. And before she knew it, she found herself wondering what type of wood Regulus had in his room. Maybe his ceiling wasn't even made of wood. Marble, perhaps? No wait, was that even ceiling material?

Tile. Yeah, he'd be the type to have a tile ceiling. Sirius would too. The two of them would obviously have the same type of ceiling; and marble seemed like a ceiling the Blacks would have. It was luxurious and cold . .

Olive sighed. Maybe Sirius' was different. He had often boasted about how he had completely filled his room to the brim in muggle magazines and Gryffindor merchandise.  Maybe he had changed the ceilings too?

Sometimes it felt as if the castle moved. Especially in the dungeons where the Slytherin Common room and dormitories were located. Large windows on the side and in the ceilings gave them a perfect view into the murky Great Lake. Olive thought that it sometimes felt as if they were living in one of those futuristic underwater cities. Especially when the giant Squid she had named Octavius checked in on them from time to time.

Olive swung her body over the side of the bed, landing steadily on all fours. She groaned at the giddy feeling in her stomach. Her date with Roger Tucker was in an hour and a half, and she hadn't gotten ready for it at all. She hadn't picked out a cute outfit in advance, nor had she even slightly pondered  about how she should style her hair or do her makeup.

She didn't want to think about it. The nerves took over right away.

She didn't even know why she was nervous. It wasn't as if she fancied Roger Tucker or anything. More so, she thought he was just a guy that attended Hogwarts with her. He wasn't special or anything.