ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ ↬↣↫ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴜᴍʙʟᴇᴅᴏʀᴇ √

⋄⋄⋅⋅✺⋆⋄•☽❁☙❁♥︎❁❧❁☾•⋄⋆✺⋅⋅⋄⋄

↬↝∗✶✾✶∗↜↫ ↬↝∗✶ ✽✿✽ ✶∗↜↫ ↬↝∗✶✾✶∗↜↫⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯❝I am not afraid of dying

⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
I am not afraid of dying.
Any time will do, I don't mind.
Why should I be afraid of dying?
There's no reason for it,
you've got to go someday.
Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
↬↝∗✶✾✶∗↜↫ ↬↝∗✶ ✽✿✽ ✶∗↜↫ ↬↝∗✶✾✶∗↜↫

"SO. . ." SAID SLUGHORN, tapping his right ring finger on his ebony wooden armrest. "I am saddened to say I am disappointed in you Miss Evans."

Olive's heart sank so far down her stomach, she swore that if it was visible, it would very much be coming out of her arse and lay limp on the marble floor. "I — didn't pass?" She asked, her voice shaky.

Slughorn's eyes widened, "oh no my dear, you misunderstand me —" Olive looked at him in confusion. "You will be able to move onto your third year. . . but before the summer holidays you will have to meet with the headmaster because of your — well for a lack of a better word — your tardiness."

"Dumbledore?" Olive's eyes widened in horror.

"Professor Dumbledore," the balding man corrected.

Olive blinked a few times in shock. "But I passed?"

"Yes," nodded the man, but he didn't look happy or particularly pleased about the fact. "Miss Evans," he started, "I don't really understand how this situation came to be in the first place. If I was to compare you to your sister in academics —"

Of course, Olive thought.

"— she is amongst the smartest in your year. And not only are you close to her but also to Dorcas Meadowes, isn't that correct? Miss Meadowes is also amongst the top students. In fact she is . . . quite extraordinary when it comes to potions and Astronomy."

"I see," nodded Olive, a little surprised at the new information. Dorcas was amongst the smartest in their year? Fuck yeah.

"Is there something in particular that has occurred this year that would affect your studies this way?"

Olive shrugged, "I — uh — have a hard time focusing, Professor. I will do better in the future."

"That you will," replied Slughorn enthusiastically. "You are amazingly talented at magic, Miss Evans. I have only ever seen talent like yours twice before. In Dumbledore of course —" he chuckled, and then his expression suddenly turned dark. "And well. . ." he trailed off, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.