ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ ↬↣↫ ғᴀɪʟɪɴɢ √

⋄⋄⋅⋅✺⋆⋄•☽❁☙❁♥︎❁❧❁☾•⋄⋆✺⋅⋅⋄⋄

⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯ If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,Or help one fainting robinUnto his nest again,I shall not l...

⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain

If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking ~ Emily Dickinson.
⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆

OLIVE HAD STARTED TO neglect her studies. It wasn't as important as the protective jewellery she had been working on for each of her friends. . . and Regulus. She had been spending an awful lot of time in the Room of Requirement, reading and studying different spells she was going to cast on them. Olive had also been testing and experimenting mixing offensive spells and protective spells, some of which caused more harm than good.

She hadn't noticed her grades slipping.

She had been attending all of her classes, understood  and participated in whatever they were doing that day. She learned the basics of whatever happened during the lesson and only understood how bad it had truly gotten when Professor Slughorn wanted to speak to her in private.

"You're on the verge of not being able to graduate year three," he had told her.

Time seemed to stop for a second, her mouth became dry and a clump stated to form in the pit of her stomach. Despite the intense feeling of anxiety, Olive felt like laughing in his face.

He truly looked sad, maybe even a little disappointed in her. Slughorn truly was a good Professor. If not for the blatant favoritism and the judging looks she received from him whenever she started on a potion — he could've been her favourite Professor. Instead he looked at her pitifully as he sat in his comfortable chair on the other side of his dark and broody desk. He had moving photographs of past and present students he favored, framed and facing his way.

Olive looked down at her lap, noting a small hole in her black tights.

Homestly. How strange was it really? How was she supposed to balance school and saving the world from a bloodthirsty maniac? It wasn't exactly something she could 50/50 and hope for the best. No, to save them she needed a step by step plan, and for it to have at least a 75% chance of succeeding.