ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ↬↣↫ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴀ ᴄᴜʀsᴇ

⋄⋄⋅⋅✺⋆⋄•☽❁☙❁♥︎❁❧❁☾•⋄⋆✺⋅⋅⋄⋄

⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯

⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯

Defeat can be a disappointing thing
But always remember lessons it brings
So stand back and realize it is not an ending.
Catherine Pulcifer
⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯

⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆

FOR THE FIRST TIME Olive wanted Thanatos to show himself to her. To knock all the wind out of her and make her stand in that hauntingly familiar field of lilies. She would go anything to ask him if it was possible for her to take back what she had done. She didn't just want to. . . she needed to. Olive Evans needed to know wether or not it was possible for her to reverse time and make the smarter decision. The obvious decision.

Don't leave the old and borderline demented man alone with the powerful dark item that killed him. It didn't matter if that old man was Albus Wulfric Percival Brian Dumbledore himself as he too — was only human.

But Olive Evans had done exactly that. She had left him with the same item that had killed him in the books because she had thought that she could trust him not to take it out from underneath the loose plank in the Gaunt's trashy shack. She had believed that he would not to listen to the temptation of the extremely powerful dark magic — even though she had known and felt the way it drew both of them in and left them wanting more of it. The dark magic left them needing more.

Dark magic did that to a person. It wasn't difficult to understand why Voldy-mc-no-nose had turned to the dark side. It was the most human thing a human being could do.

And now she was going to have to live with the fact that her mistake of trusting him had killed him. Or — at the very least shortened his lifespan by a lot.

"What's wrong with his hand?" Dorcas whispered from beside her at the Slytherin table.

"— and alas. I welcome you all — new faces and familiar — to another new, splendid year at Hogwarts, school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I just have two words for you. . . Tuck in!" Dumbledore said, finishing yet another long speech about the forest, the castles many hidden and tricky passageways and Filch's many unfollowed rules that he told them to strictly follow.

Olive tried to tuck in, but almost choked at the dryness in her throat. "No idea," she said bitterly as they all took their seats. She watched as Dumbledore sat down in his seat as well, spoke briefly to Professor McGonagall — who seemed to be interrogating him briefly about his hand — and then begun to magically transfer some food onto his plate.