ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ↬↣↫ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs √

⋄⋄⋅⋅✺⋆⋄•☽❁☙❁♥︎❁❧❁☾•⋄⋆✺⋅⋅⋄⋄

young Lily.
⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆
⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide

Still I Rise ~ Maya Angelou.
⋯℘☠︎❧♥︎☙☠︎℘⋯
⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆⋄⋅⋆

OLIVE HAD BEEN RESEARCHING death and everything regarding the subject quite frequently in her spare time. And she often had spare time. Despite not being as smart as Lily was academically, she still surpassed everyone when it came to preforming magic. That made her excellent at Charms, Transfiguration, and most importantly, Defense Against the Dark Arts. She was okay at everything else.

Okay at potions. Okay at Herbology and Astronomy. She was absolutely crushing History of Magic, mostly because of all the research she does in the library. Weirdly enough, she never actually tried to study History of Magic. When researching different spells, it all came rather naturally.

She needed to know the history behind the spells after all.

"Professor!" Olive called out as she ran down the hallway. "Professor Slughorn!"

Professor Slughorn sighed before turning around to face her. "Yes Miss Evans?" He asked a little impatiently.

"Professor, I know we said that the test was on Monday, but this really is important—" Olive started while she pushed her wild, curly hair behind her ears. She scrambled to gather the books she held in her arms, and one accidentally fell on the floor.

"I can't change the date of a test, simply because one of my students asks it!" He snapped. "Miss Evans—" he sighed deeply. "Forgive me, but I can't change the time either. Your class isn't the only one that I teach."

"But—"

"My final answer is no." He said, sternly. He turned around walked down the corridor without another word.

"Shit," she mumbled under her breath.

Olive picked up the book that had fallen from her grasp, and sighed deeply. She brushed a hand through her curls, and looked up at the large ceiling.

She had been perfectly planning everything since a week prior. There was a storm coming, and she had perfectly timed the mandrake leaf in her mouth to be ready for the thunderstorm. The Monday that was supposed to leave an empty potions classroom had now changed. For a stupid test that could be taken any other day if the week, really?