.29.

Chapter-29
The terrible silence.

2 days later

Neither Rahul was in town to speak, nor was Ranjani ready. Anjali felt as if she was being punished, for the stupid thing she did 2 days ago.

"I'm just asking time Rahul." She said.
"Which we don't have Anju." He replied.
"Just see his entries, he surely didn't want us to be together." She cried.
It was all too much for her. Her father had opposed their relationship from the beginning.

"So you want to break ties with me because papa wanted. Fair enough. But also know that he wanted you to be happy. Find your happiness first, Sharma."  He said and moved from the terrace to descend down.

"It's your decision this time, Anjali. To save us, and our relationship. I'll be waiting." He informed and went away.

Leaving the choice to her.

"Anjali, please hand me that bangle." Kumar uncle's daughter, Vaidehi asked. It was Vaidehi's wedding in few hours. And her mother, with whom she had not spoken to yet, asked her to accompany Vaidehi for getting ready. The marriage ceremony was about to start.

Anjali was clad in a maroon suit that she adored. Minimal makeup, gold jewellery and a kohl clinging to her eyes was all she required to look etheral. If only he had been there to praise her. She sighed and handed the bangle set to Vaidehi.

"Common now." Anant whined as he sat between the ladies and girls. He was sulking that he didn't wanted to listen to the uncles lectures. But the ladies side wasn't any heaven. They took bloody a lifetime to get ready. He was already pissed now.

"You were the one who told me that you'll behave." Anuradha glared at her son as the other ladies giggled.
"I said BEHAVE not bare. This is so annoying, I'm leaving." He declared and stood up.
"Wait even I'm coming." Anjali said and the brother-sister duo left the room.

"Hey! You're actually 'let me impress that aunty' machine. Why did you come with me?" Anant giggled.
"To annoy you more." She said and pinched his cheek. Anant squatted her hand away.
"Di yaar please." He pleaded.

"By the way, how's things going on with Riya?" She asked glancing down.
"Shouldn't that question be asked the other way around?" Vrinda joined them as she also had escaped from the room. They walked on the damp grass towards the guests area.

"You know what, things are not good. Congrats to me." Anjali smiled sarcastically and rolled her eyes.
"Obviously. It's Rahul bhaiyya and you. Things have never been good." Anant huffed and moved ahead.

"He's telling the truth. Unless, you want this torment to end. Please communicate like humans and sort it out." Vrinda sighed and followed Anant leaving Anjali to ponder over her words.

--------------------

Simultaneously

"Riya! Go call Rahul and Abhi. I just asked them to bring the gift. God knows which jewellery shop they're robbing." Ranjani murmured as Riya laughed and stepped outside the bride's room. Her brother and his bestfriend were talking something with the bride's father.