.21.

Chapter-21
New encounters.

Vrinda gazed anonymously as the trees passed by. 6 hours of train journey hadn't worn her out. The internal thoughts did. Though she was a renowned businesswoman and a great daughter of the Aachar family that had moved out of Ooty 2 years ago, she still felt something was empty in her.

She never experienced pure friendship apart from Anjali. And to say the truth, she wished even she could join her even in death. Their bond was that strong. But Anjali would never agree to it. She never asked so much from anyone. She was a stubborn and self respected being.

Sighing, she studied the name board. Coonoor station. That means, she'd be at Ooty after 45 minutes. She took out her phone and saw that the signals had come back. Immediately she called Akshaya.
"Is she at home?" Vrinda asked.
"Yeah. She's not in a good mood Di. Apparently because someone left without giving a heads up." Akshaya chuckled.

"That jerk never learns does he?" Vrinda giggled and shook her head.
"Send her out after 30 minutes. The train has left Coonoor." Akshaya looked at the clock and mumbled a positive answer. As she cut the call, Vrinda looked out of the window again. It was slightly drizzling.

Maybe her decision was too hideous but she was concerned. Both for her and him. The horrible news she had heard from the priest of a far relative had shook her. Her mother had apparently talked about Anjali and Rahul. As Vrinda knew both of their birth dates and time exactly, the priest could talk about the coming days in their lives.

They were both not going to survive the arrival of a new vicious storm.

--------------------

"Now? Maa, you should really stop making paneer frequently." Anjali said glaring at Aarna and Anant.
She was asked to bring certain groceries and dairy items. Paneer and cheese topped the list.
"Common Anju. I made kheer almost thrice this week for your sake. You're not my only daughter now, are you?" Anuradha said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

She was setting up the pooja room for the morning aarti.
"No one loves me here!" Anjali whined.
"No need to spill out the harsh truth morning morning Di. Get going." Anant busily arranged his books.
"Okay. Fine! I'll do everything for you. And in return, I wish to speak to Haimavati ma'am alone." She announced.

"Why is the old principal involved!" Riya shouted from the door. She had gotten ready for the school too.
"To talk about some things." Anjali retorted seriously and stifled a grin as she saw both the kids turning pale.
"Anju di! Common don't tease them. Go now! The shop won't be crowded." Akshaya said braiding her little sister's hair.

"You're really a spoiltsport akki." Anjali truly meant her words and she heard a round of giggles.
"I'll accompany you." Ranjani hastily added. Anjali, for the first time in the morning, smiled warmly.
"See. That's my Maa." She hugged her and Ranjani kissed her cheek and showed tongue to Riya.

"Alright alright you win." Riya said and urged Anant to hurry up.

--------------------

"Bhaiyya, can you pick her up from the railway station?" Akshaya pleaded nervously to the stranger in the neighbour house. After Riya and Anant with Aarna had gone to school, she had ran as fast as she could to the adjacent verandah. She had to convince Abhimanyu to pick up Vrinda. She was already late to college. But she'd come back by 12 in the afternoon.