.10.

Chapter-10
When Rahul plans something.

A week later

Neither had Anjali tried speaking to him, nor she had executed her plan. And this made Rahul restless. What was even going on in his little punk's head!
Upon this, he had other stress too. His business deal got cracked and they required him in Mumbai.

But he strongly denied the offer. He had asked his best friend and business partner,  Abhimanyu Murthy to deal with it.
"Rahul! It's not easy. You're definitely required here." Abhimanyu said rubbing his temples. They were on a video call for more than an hour.

"I said you I can't Abhi. Just convince that dumbhead." Rahul let out a sigh of frustration.
"Fine I will. But they don't know about your health. If that can be given as a reason then they'll accept." Abhimanyu voiced out.
Rahul thought for a second and then agreed.

"Explain every thing and in case they cancel the deal, legally we can also take action against them because they've already signed the papers." Rahul ordered.
Abhi chuckled and nodded his head.
"What about anjaliiii?" He asked singing the last part.

"Shut up and get yourself a life." Rahul scolded him.
"I know, she's making you mad isn't she?" Abhimanyu asked playfully.
"Stop or else you won't be alive to see my death." Rahul said playfully glaring at him. But Ranjani who had come to give him the evening tea, banged the cup on his table.

"You always get me into trouble, don't you?" He asked gritting his teeth.
"How would I know that aunty would be listening to us? Stop blaming your innocent friend Rahul." Abhi exclaimed dramatically.
"Fine now don't go all melodramatic. I'll call later." He said and cut the call.

"Maa! Look at me at least." Rahul whined like a kid when he reached downstairs near the kitchen.
"Riya, finish your snack and get ready. We're going to the temple." Ranjani said coldly.
"Woman why're you venting his anger on me!" Riya exclaimed and earned a glare from her mother.

"Okay fine. I won't speak." She said and ignored the pleading looks of her bhaiyya.
"Ranjani Maa." A sweet voice called from the door. He snapped his head and found what he had been looking for a week.
Anjali was standing with a pooja thaali in her hand.

"Come in Anju." Ranjani said smiling, wiping her hands with towel.
"Here's the requirements. Do you need anything else?" She asked ignoring his continuous glares.
"Nothing else beta.Thanks a lot." Ranjani said smiling.
"Wait have tea." She said noticing Anjali already leaving.

Anjali nodded and sat on the sofa.
"So this is your new prank?" Rahul asked and Anjali looked up at him, as if she knew nothing.
"Sorry I didn't get you." She said sweetly. Rahul frowned.
"What's with all this sweetness? Have you forgotten me or what? I'm your enemy remember?" He asked dramatically.

"I'm sorry what? Have you seen yourself in the mirror?" She asked exasperated.
"Why? I know I look handsome." Rahul said adjusting his hair.
"You look disgusting. And not only my vengeance, you don't even deserve me spending two seconds thinking about you." She spat. What a lie!

Somewhere it hurt him, she thought to herself as his expressions changed from smirking to a sad frown.
"I know." He mumbled slowly.
"Good that you know." She repeated and Ranjani came with the tea.
"Here beta." She handed it to Anjali.

"Maa now don't crib please." Rahul whined as Ranjani went back again into kitchen.
"Maa I'll go to temple with Anju." Riya announced as she got ready.
"Why? You can't go with your brother and mother?" Rahul asked irritated.
"What's with your grumpy mood monkey! I'm just going to temple with her. Not eloping with her brother." She stated and chuckled.

"Who knows one day you might." Rahul said in a whisper, leaning near her ear.
"Shut your mouth and get lost." Riya said gritting her teeth.
"Enough! Stop it you both!" Ranjani shouted losing her cool.
"Riya out! Now." She said as the girl went out silently.

"And you. I don't want to talk to you. If you want to visit, then get ready and meet us there. Or else sit with your machine and talk with your friends." She declared and stormed out of the kitchen.
"Good show. You don't get sleep isn't it? Without irritating others." Anjali smiled, as she entered the kitchen to keep the empty cup.

"Not again. Now what is it?" He asked rolling his eyes.
"Nothing. You heard Maa. Either you visit or sit and sulk here alone. I guess the second one suits you better." Anjali said smirking and started going out. But something tugged her veil.

She turned back and saw Rahul cleaning his hands with the cloth.
"Keep it with you! I don't want this anymore. It became filthy the moment you held it." She shouted and left the veil there.
"I will. For you." He whispered as he saw her leaving the house.

----------------------

"Oh god! Anju Di It's already 6. Aarti will start in 10 minutes. Come soon." Akshaya shouted from the downstairs.
After the argument in the neighbour house, Anjali had returned with a grumpy face. So the family left her alone.
She took her sweet time in getting ready, resulting to be late.

"Akki did you switch off the gas?" She asked adjusting her new veil.
"Yes. Now come soon." Akshaya said rubbing her temples. She was tired after the whole day in college and now, she had to attend the Aarti quitting her study time.
"Done. I'm here." Aarna announced coming out of her room.

"You look good chotu." Akshaya pecked her cheek and the little one squealed in happiness.
"Where's Di!" She asked.
"I'm here folks. Let's go!" Anjali descended the steps and announced. They giggled and locked the door.

Anuradha, Anant with Riya and Ranjani had already been there in the temple. The three of them reached just before the Aarti and sighed in relief as they didn't miss it. Folding their hands with devotion, Anjali closed her eyes as they prayed infront of Lord Hanuman.

"Are Rahul beta. Come sit here." Her mother's voice made her open her eyes. Rahul nodded and took a seat beside Anjali. He smiled at her and she rolled her eyes.
"Why is this monster smiling! Something's up." She thought to herself.
"You're talking loud. And I'm not a monster." He whispered in her ears that made her shiver.

She mentally slapped herself and closed her eyes again. After the Aarti, the families started moving out of the temple. The neighbour aunties and uncles, greeted Anjali to which she reciprocated with a broad smile. They adored her.

An hour passed with her ignoring him. But he kept talking to her. He came more closer just to irk her. She finally gave up and grabbed his arm. Dragging him to a corner, she started speaking to him.

"What is your f***ing problem! Why're you roaming like a puppy around me?" She shouted.
"Relax. I didn't mean to disturb you. I just wanted to apologise." He said staring at her.
Her eyes popped out. He wanted to apologise?

"Before you get any ideas, I'm not joking. I sincerely want to apologise. So meet me near the old railway station tomorrow." He said smiling.
"I won't come out. And that too such a far distance." Anjali retorted.
"Don't worry. I'll pick you up and drop you back home. Deal?" He asked.

She thought for a while and answered back.
"Deal."

To be continued