.15.

Chapter-15
Anjali's mysterious plan.

"Close your eyes bhaiyya." Aarna scolded her brother again. After the discharge, the families fled back to their home, to celebrate Anant's 15th birthday. It was a very beautiful evening with grey clouds and streaks of sunshine passing through them, in Ooty.

"Anant, just keep still for 5 more minutes. Or else Aarna is ready with a knife in her hand to stab you." Akshaya warned as Rahul sniggered and moved past the crowd.
"Where's she?" He asked kneeling infront of the little one.

"Inside." She directed him towards the kitchen.
"Don't disturb her." She added and Rahul nodded approvingly as if he was a kid getting instructed. Indeed the kid was the boss of both the houses.

"Hello Abhi. Yeah he's here." Ranjani handed the phone to Rahul and signalled him that it was his friend. Rahul took the phone irritated.
"You had to call now." He hissed.
"Its an emergency baba. Listen, they have agreed to come in terms with us. And I managed it without giving your health as a reason." Abhimanyu proudly beamed.

"Well, it's surprising that you used your remaining brain cells for a good deed. When are they finalising the deal?" Rahul asked.
"Maybe after a week. The CEO's daughter is getting married so they have postponed it. And, we got an invite too." Abhi added. He knew the invitation would go in vain. Because there was no way that Rahul would attend the wedding.

"Isn't he Uday Krishna?" Rahul asked tentatively.
"Yeah? So?" Abhi questioned.
"Then we're attending. It's going to be in Ooty. Pack your bags and be here after 3 days." Rahul declared. For a split second, Abhimanyu thought he had hearing problem. But no. His friend hadn't lied. Rahul actually agreed.

"You were talking about Uday uncle?" A voice queried and Rahul looked at her.
"Can you for once mind your own business?" He snapped. Though her insides fell because of the way he spoke, Anjali maintained a stiff posture.
"Yes, I can." She smiled tightly and started going towards the hall.

Rahul grinned and shook his head. He had successfully irritated her.
"If you're done ogling her like a creepy stalker, then I'll cut the call. I have important work to do." Abhi told in a boring tone.
"Well, what else important work you have other than flirting with the same old three girls who're behind you, because they're visually impaired and mentally unstable." Rahul said coolly.

Now it was Abhi's turn to fume in anger.
"Fine! I won't call you again!" He retorted.
"Thank you. Atleast now you took mercy on me." Rahul said that agitated him even more.
"Rahul, where are you?" His mother's voice alerted him.
"We'll continue your crying session later. For now, don't disturb me." He cut the call and smiled.

"Common, cut the cake! There's no need to wait for irrelevant people." Anjali muttered the last part audible enough to Rahul and Riya who were standing near her. Riya sniggered and looked at her brother. He had done something again.

"Thanks di! I love the cake." Anant beamed and cut the cake.
"Defenitely he must have lost his senses." Rahul said to which Riya elbowed his stomach.
"It tastes so good Anju." Ranjani patted her head.
"And there goes another victim." Rahul said again and this time, he received a glare.

"Rahul bhaiyya." Anant called as he finished feeding the cake to everyone except him and Riya. He hadn't apologised to her, so there was an awkward tension. Riya didn't know what to expect from him anymore. She wanted to talk but defenitely, she deserved an explanation in the first case.