.26.

Play the song only for the last part and enjoy! ;)

Chapter-26
The calm before the storm.

Anjali sat still as she felt him approaching towards her. She didn't need to know who it was. Her heart, mind and even her body could sense whenever he was around. And like always, even now she recognised his presence. Rahul sat beside her taking a deep breath.

"When did you come here?" The simple question startled her. She thought he'd be angry or would scold her for being lonely and for not talking to him first. That's what had happened when they were kids. But this Rahul, he was a mature person. He respected her space. A sense of pride and love both erupted in her heart.

"Just few minutes back. Didn't wanted to face Maa today." Her reply took him off guard. Anjali was always open with her mother. Especially after her father's demise, she had stuck to her mother so much. But, today she was saying the truth. She didn't have the courage to face her own mother.

"Anju, 12 years and I still can't get over about what happened. And, I can damn sure understand. If it's that much difficult for me, then it must be twice as hell for you. But, you have to learn to let go." He sincerely added.
"In the sense? Forget his memories?" Anjali questioned.

"No. Live with them." Rahul completed and a huge weight was lifted from her heart.
"Celebrate him. It's his birthday right? Then chalo, let's make it happen." Rahul got up and dusted his pants. He held out his hand for her.
"What?" She asked, completely confused.

"A change." He just smiled.

----------------------

"Aravind Sharma, Kashyapa gotra, Hasta nakshatra-"
"Kanya raashi." A voice from behind startled Anuradha. She never thought she'd meet the man for the cause of her husband's death. But here he was, giving the details of her husband, on his birth anniversary.

(Author reference: In south India, the sunsign(raashi) and the star that was aligned on your date and time of your birth(nakshatra) is given to the priest so that he can do archana, to the God. Then the gotra, which is the name of the sage from whom your family descended is also given. For example, my family gotra is Shrivatsa gotra. My family is a descendent of Shrivatsa rishi.)

"I thought you were supposed to be in jail." She said without turning back.
"I got released recently." Randeep added and stood beside her.
"Why are you here?" She asked glaring at him. What did this man want now?
"Anu behen, I have nothing against you or your family. But, your husband made my life miserable tagging along with my wife. Sorry, ex wife." He chuckled.

"Look Randeep, like you said, I don't have anything against you either. So stop bothering me and my family, that includes both your ex wife and her children. Those kids are innocent. They know nothing of your atrocities." Anuradha calmly warned. By the time, the priest came back with flowers, sindhoor and the prasad. She gladly received them and started to leave the temple.

"I know Rahul has an idea about me." The statement made Anuradha halt.
"He came to Mumbai searching for me. He wants to have a talk with his father and I will let him. And, don't ever mention that orphan girl as my child. Ranjani never leaves a charity case alone." He hissed.