.27.

Chapter-27
Explanations.

"Anjali, can you see me? Are you alright?" Rahul's question brought back her senses. Anjali fluttered her eyes open. She looked at him worriedly as frown grazed his features. And then she noticed, he was petrified for her. Because she had fainted.

She had not taken her morning medicine and hadn't had breakfast. Her heartbeat had increased due to the block developed in the past 2 months. Ranjani had performed the operation but it resulted into another mistake. Therefore she was given injection during her weekly checkup so that the block doesn't lead to a heart attack.

She sat upstraight and a wave of giddiness washed over her. Rahul held her closely and gave her water as soon as she requested. She had lowered her gaze completely.

"I need to tell you something." She whispered. Anjali had to tell about her disease. She couldn't give him any more hopes. She'd die soon and she didn't wanted to become a painful memory to him.

"After eating something you can." Rahul reprimanded but she immediately grasped his hand as he was about to get up. He looked at her intently. He knew it before, he wanted to say. But something stopped him. He wanted to know it from her. Despite having such a disease, he still didn't understand how she managed to smile and be lively all these days.

Therefore he took a step ahead, when he got to know about her strong will. Or else he would have never burdened himself on her. Knowing that he was about to die, he couldn't be close to her. That is why, he advanced by confessing to her, seeing the limited time both had. And he knew the exact turmoil would be going on in her head, at that moment.

"I'm- uh- Rahul, I'm dying soon. I have congenital heart disease." She said in one go and closed her eyes tightly. When she received no response, she slowly lifted her head and met with his gaze. There was just sad realisation. No shock or anger. Just pain and sadness. So much that it overwhelmed her, when she saw slight tears in his eyes.

"I knew it. Anant told me when aunty was admitted in the hospital." He confessed. Anjali sat still. She was shocked to the core. How could his brother and the man he loved kept this from her! The next moment, she realised. She was going to die soon, so they didn't wanted to pressure her more.

He cared for her so much that he kept all the pain in him. He proposed to her even after knowing that she'll die. What did she do to deserve him! He didn't even confront her about it. He didn't utter a word because he knew how she felt talking about the illness she loathed.

"Rahul, I need to know everything. You can't keep things from me anymore. Starting from the reason why you left that day, till the day you got to know about my dis-"
"That was the reason why I brought you here. I want to tell everything." He added.

"Alright." She nodded and they both got up from the floor.

She sighed and awaited for the long explanation.

---------------------

"Anu, are you sure?" Ranjani's question made her slightly shiver. She had confidently spoken infront of him but now, Anuradha felt vulnerable in increasing ten folds. Her daughter and Rahul were out. Aarna, Anant, Akshaya and Riya were in the house with her. Abhimanyu and Vrinda were worried.

If something happens now, how could she protect all of them! How could she have retorted so harshly knowing the fact that Randeep was a horrible criminal. She shuddered and wiped the sweat from her saree's pallu. Though the cool Ooty weather was indicating a thunder filled rain, she couldn't stop perspirating.