Shen Yu had no doubt that even if Shen QingRan hadn't given the King of Yue all those highly useful strategies in his previous life, they might still have gotten together.

When the expression on Shen Yu's face didn't change, the King of Yue's smile gradually tightened.

"So, you knew your actions would harm those women, but you did it anyway for your own selfish desires, isn't that right?" Shen Yu looked at the King of Yue up and down, and the sarcasm in his eyes was clear. "Your Highness the King of Yue is really full of surprises."

The King of Yue automatically wanted to deny it, but Shen Yu didn't give him a chance. Shen Yu continued, "That's why the King of Yue will be the King of Yue for the rest of his life, and His Majesty will always be the emperor of Da Huan."

"You—" Shocked, the King of Yue jumped up regardless of etiquette. "Don't you know that you shouldn't talk nonsense?!"

His most secret thoughts had been said aloud, and the King of Yue was horrified. He knew that Shang JunLin might have realized his malicious intentions, but so what? There was no evidence. With the late emperor's edict still in place, Shang JunLin didn't dare to do anything to him.

No one should know about his plans aside from Shang JunLin and his own closest confidants. When he deliberately approached Shen Yu, he didn't say anything about it. How did Shen Yu know?!!

Shen Yu smiled, but the smile didn't touch his eyes. He leaned intimately against Shang JunLin and stabbed the King of Yue with his ice-like gaze. "Your Majesty, do you think I'm talking nonsense?"

"The King of Yue knows what he has done. Don't treat this emperor as a fool," Shang JunLin replied.

He knew everything.

The King of Yue staggered back. After several blows in succession, his foreboding grew stronger and stronger.

"The King of Yue needn't worry about the young ladies. His Majesty predicted what you said might happen. Without you in their lives, those women will only go on to better things. Instead of worrying about other people, the King of Yue should worry more about yourself. There are certain things you shouldn't dare to think about!"

As he thought about causes and effects, the King of Yue discarded his meek and subservient appearance. "Shang JunLin, you did this on purpose, didn't you? You made use of those women to arrest me. From the beginning, you never intended to release me.

"What a pity that you can't touch me because of Imperial Father's last decree. Shang JunLin, so what if you're currently sitting in that position? You aren't the one Imperial Father chose!"

"What if he wasn't recognized by the previous emperor? That person couldn't even defend his own country," Shen Yu said. "The recognition of the people is the recognition of the entire world. His Majesty has the support of the people. Or do you think you're somehow better than His Majesty?"

When the jailer who was standing to one side heard this, he felt shocked. He looked carefully at Shang JunLin's face and silently sweated for Shen Yu. The late emperor was the late emperor. Even if His Majesty wasn't close to him, he was still the ruler of the nation and His Majesty's father. To imagine Shen Yu would say that about the late emperor...

But when he saw Shang JunLin's face, the jailer couldn't help but feel surprised. Shang JunLin looked calm, not angry at all at what Shen Yu said, and there was even a hint of a smile in his eyes.

Before the jailer had a chance to see more, Shang JunLin glanced over. When he looked at others, his expression was nowhere near as soft as when he looked at Shen Yu. Under that piercing gaze, the jailer quickly averted his eyes and ducked his head.