Mermay Entry Day 8 - Family

Daryl and Negan take their little girl to the aquarium.
-------------

Daryl was smiling as he watched his little girl hold her fathers hand as they walked through the aquarium. Each wobbly step was congratulated, the young girl clapped proudly at herself.

She was only a year and a half at this point. She started out slow with walking, it didn't help that nearly anyone who came into her life held her constantly.

Daryl wasn't much better. He was in an accident a month and a half after giving birth to the puppy and he was in a wheel chair for five months. So if he wanted to do anything he had to hold her.

Negan had been so good to them both, Daryl's accident had been a monumental change in their relationship, Daryl was completely off his feet and anything their daughter needed during those first few months Negan had to either provide himself or help Daryl with in some way.

Daryl was extremely lucky Negan was the man he was, and had the means to provide. Daryl had never had to work a day in his life, Negan's many industries and businesses had them set for life and Lucille already had a college fund three times over.

As they walked past the many tanks of colorful fish and other semi aquatic creatures Negan helped Lucille up on his shoulder so she could see the main attraction.

A mermaid and her child swimming about in the largest tank.

Daryl smiled seeing the absolute joy and wonderment in her blue eyes. Daryl scooted closer to his husband, an arm wrapped around his waist so he could be close to them.

"She's so excited." Daryl smirked as Lucille waved to the mermaid family that swam together.

"Momma." Lucille giggled reaching for Daryl now. Daryl smirked and held her in his arms.

"Yeah little one." He smiled nuzzling her close to him. "Just like us huh."

She giggled and nodded, he hugged her tightly to himself, Negan beamed watching his mate and pup snuggle closely as they watched the mermaids.

The younger of the two had a blue and purple ombré tail. While the mother mermaid had purple and white tail, both had brown hair wrapped up with kelp and decorated with beautiful seashells.

Daryl and Negan smiled as they swam around together. Their young child clapping and waving at them.

Daryl couldn't help but smile watching his little girl enjoy the experience before her.

Daryl beamed with pride as Negan held them close to his body. "I'm glad we can do this, that you're still here." He smiled kissing his cheek softly. "I was so scared for so long that you wouldn't pull through after the accident." Negan whispered.

Daryl nodded, at first they didn't know if he'd ever be able to walk. That he'd even wake up from what they first thought was a coma, but now they had their daughter, and moments together that they'd forever love and cherish.

Negan kissed Daryl softly then Lucille as the mermaids continued to swim back and forth by the glass.

Daryl smirked happy to see the performers waving back to Lucille as she waved excitedly.

Their little family met so much to them, and they were just happy they could be there for Lucille and watch her grow and help her explore.

Daryl held her tight as she squirmed wanting to climb in. He chucked kissing her forehead and set her on the floor so she could chase the mermaids along the glass.

He was so happy in that moment, and it was clear so was Negan. Lucille squeaked happily as she and the young mermaid pressed her hand to the glass. The two young girls smiled making eye contact with one another before parting ways.

Daryl and Negan let Lucille run back and forth for a while until she yawned and padded up to Daryl. "Momma." She whined making a motion to be picked up. Daryl chuckled and picked her up.

"Think she's tired."

"I do too," Negan smiled as she laid her head on his shoulder.