Negan/Daryl - Positive or Negative

Modern AU
Omega Daryl alpha Negan
—-//

Daryl had felt odd, the omega was almost sure there was something off. He and Negan had only been married for two months, he certainly didn't believe that he was pregnant. That was the last thing on his mind as he went over everything he had eaten in the last week.

He had always eaten Negan's food, he was a wonderful cook. He narrowed his eyes, his brows furrowing, they hadn't eaten out, and he had checked the dates on the milk. Nothing should be making him feel like this. He groaned as he made his way down the hall, the two of them had been dating for years but finally tied the knot after Negan decided it was the best course of action. The two had been getting more intimate, Daryl no longer tried to hide away during his heats and the last time they had some fun was their wedding night and he had been in heat.

Daryl hadn't even considered that as an option, he had never thought he would ever get pregnant, he knew he could, but he never thought he would be one to settle down.

He dropped to his knees in front of the toilet again feeling sicker than a dog, after the emptying the contents of his stomach he got up and cleaned his mouth scrubbing with a toothbrush.

He huffed and drove himself to the store, he was going idle to isle until he found the omega specific aisle. He grabbed a few omega specific snacks and then he saw the omega male specific pregnancy tests, he cursed under his breath but picked one up regardless.

As soon as he got home he ripped it open and sat on the toilet. He couldn't decide if he wanted to see the positive lines or if he wanted to see it say negative. His heart was racing a million miles an hour, yet he was also at peace if it came back positive.

He knew Negan would take care of him, he knew he would love him regardless, he honestly would probably be happy. Negan was a family man, he wanted to provide and Daryl couldn't deny how cute he was with their friends' sons and daughters. He had a knack for babies, and making Daryl feel at ease.

He placed the test on the countertop and waited.

The waiting was what was going to kill him, he began to visualize his future with Negan as a little family not just the two of them. The thought of a pup hanging off his hip brought a soft smile to him.

Daryl checked the clock, Negan wouldn't be home for another two hours. He had time to prepare for either answer. If he was pregnant he no longer had to worry about why he was so sick, if he wasn't they'd need a hospital visit.

Daryl checked the clock and headed back to the bathroom, he picked up the stick and looked down at it in shock.

POSITIVE

It actually read positive.

Nerves and excitement ran through him all at once, he wanted Negan to be excited too. He made his way back to the store. He wanted to make telling him special. He looked through the baby items and found a cream colored onesie that said daddy's favorite. He had no idea if they'd have a girl or a boy, an alpha, beta, or omega. So he went with finding more of Negan's favorite things. He grabbed some of his favorite candies, drinks both regular and alcoholic. Negan could still have some fun till the baby came, even if Daryl wanted to, and then he grabbed a few gift cards to his favorite take outs.

Daryl also found a cute teddy to put in the box. He had half an hour.

He paced, the pregnancy test was in a plastic ziplock bag in his pocket. He just hoped Negan would be excited.

Negan walked in the door; burgers in hand. "Thought you might be hungry." Negan said in a singsong voice kissing his forehead. "How was your day?"

"Good. I actually have something for you too."

Negan rose an eyebrow and followed Daryl to the couch. He placed the burgers on the table and Daryl handed him the box he got. "What's this for? My birthday isn't soon and there aren't any holidays that I know of? We only got married two months ago, so it isn't an anniversary."

"It's just a special gift. No dates attached."

Negan smirked and began to open it up. His eyes widened as he noticed all of his favorite snacks and drinks. "You got everything I love Daryl." He said not moving any items to the side yet. The teddy and the onesie still hidden below.

"Well there is some more in there. Keep opening it up."

Negan began to pull stuff out. He found the small bear first. "Well isn't this just cute."

"Not done." Daryl said. Anxiety began to build in his stomach, what if Negan wasn't ready for this yet? Negan grinned as he kept moving stuff until he froze.

"Are you pregnant?" Tears were brimming his eyes. Daryl nodded, and pulled the positive test from his pocket. "It's why I've been so sick."

Negan stood up quickly and nearly knocked Daryl over in an embrace. "Oh my god... I can't believe it."

"You're excited right?" Daryl asked, his voice shaking as he began to sob into his arms.

"Baby I've never been more excited than when you said yes to my proposal and I Do at the altar. This is amazing. We are going to be parents."

Daryl snuggled into Negan's chest. Negan always made everything better, he placed his hand on his flat belly and Negan covered it with his own.

"Our love made something," Negan whispered, "and I cannot wait to meet them."

Daryl blushed again. He couldn't wait either as long as Negan was there at his side, he couldn't wait to meet his pup either.