chapter 30

┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄

"Don't try and ask me questions like you deserve an answer. Traitors are the lowest kind of people." His voice had started low but is beginning to get louder and louder. "Those who betrayed the people who had treated them kindly and helped them, taking advantage of others' kindness like that."

You can't react or do anything. He still has full control of your body except for your head. Sora walks to you and kicks you in the shins. Pain explodes from your legs, and you let out a gasp of pain.

"I regret nothing." You say through grit teeth. "If I had known your ulterior motives, I would've never joined you guys. A life isn't something to play around with, and neither is someone's free will. You could easily destroy someone's soul playing around with them as you do to me."

Sora snarls, raising his voice. "Scum like you don't deserve that. Why do you think prisoners are jailed? Because they don't deserve that free will anymore. Why should I treat you any different?"

At this point, he's yelling at you, and you can feel the clutch on your soul becoming tighter and tighter and colder and colder. It seems his rage had intensified his cursed technique on you. Black spots appear in your eyes, and you feel as if you've been winded, your chest compressed. Sora punches your shoulder, and you lose your balance, falling backward. The same shoulder breaks your fall, and more pain shoots through your arm and neck.

"You guys were just using me," you gasp, having trouble breathing now, "that hospitality means nothing if it wasn't out of kindness. I have the choice to come and go whenever I want."

Sora laughs, almost cackling, and you grimace at the ugly noise. "Don't make me laugh, (Y/N)."

You lie on the ground, unable to move. "You stoop so low to fight someone. Incapacitating them and taking advantage of their inability to move. Coward."

Sora kicks you again on your back with such force that you start moving on the concrete sidewalk, and your left cheek scrapes against the concrete. You grit your teeth, bearing the pain.

"You can't beat me in this state." He continues loudly. "Still think you're so good?"

Anger unfurls in your chest but it's no use. He's right. You can't do anything but watch. You do sense, however, that the technique is draining him of his cursed energy. You know that he can't hold on to this for long. Unless...

"You know nothing, (Y/N). Nothing. We've been keeping our eye on your since you were born. And you had no idea! Why do you think you wanted to come to Osaka in the first place? Do you think it was a coincidence that we found the person we needed the most? The archenemy to Gojo Satoru's powers?"

What!?

"What do you mean, keeping your eye on me?"

Sora cackles again, mouth wide and eyes bright with insane anger. "You're nothing but a precious tool to us, (Y/N)!"

Fury fills you. You activate your convergence cursed technique. This didn't require you to move. His cursed energy is draining fast, and you know you can contribute to that cause. Amassing all the cursed energy in the center of your body, you compress every bit of energy, creating a gravitational pull on cursed energy.

Sora's eyes widen, noticing the change, and you smile smugly in response. You can feel his cursed energy draining exponentially from his body and his grip on your soul loosens. Breath rushes into your lungs as you continue to attract his cursed energy until there is none left.

Before he can move, you activate your cursed technique slowing down time for you, and get up and land a string of attacks on him, a punch to the face, a knee in the stomach, and a kick on the shins. Deactivating your technique, he flies a few feet back from the impact of your attacks and lands on his back on the ground. You stalk towards his body.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that." You nudge his body with your toes, still wearing the sliders. Your face, back, shoulders, neck, shins, everything is throbbing, but you ignore it all. "Everything was my own decision. I make my own decisions."

Sora's face breaks out into a smile. "You sure about that? Did you stab yourself of your own free will? You find yourself unable to move in front of me, due to your own decision?" He laughs.

Your breath hitches, knowing undeniably that he's right. Sora stands up again and laughs.

Suddenly, your phone in your pocket rings loud, giving you a jump scare. You pull out your phone to silence it, only to see that it's a call from Gojo.

Sora's smile fades. "Don't pick it up." He hisses. You glance at him. Is he afraid? Satisfaction fills your chest.

"Don't tell me what to do, coward."

The man scowls and before you notice he's gone from your sight. You have no idea where he went, but you have no energy to go after him. Accepting the call, you hold the phone up to your ear.

"(Y/N)?" Gojo's groggy voice comes from the speaker. He sounded so sleepy, something inside you melts listening to his voice.

"Hey," You breathe.

"Whereee arrree yooouuu?" Still half-asleep, he drags out the vowels in the words in a sleepy voice. You smile a bit.

"Just out on a walk. Don't worry about me." You say as your body parts ache and pulse in pain from Sora's attacks. Your cheek is raw from the scrape on the concrete, and you touch your face, finding a little blood on your hand. "I'll be back soon."

"Okayyy, (Y/N). Be safe. I'm waiting for you."

You smile, bid goodbye, and hang up. Putting your phone back in your pocket, you begin walking back, face stinging.

You look up at the bright moon in the sky. If you had more energy, you could go after Sora right now, but he isn't an immediate threat. And what he had said bothered you immensely. That they had been watching you since you were born? Influencing your decisions?

You came out on the walk for time to think and for answers, but the events of the night only left you more troubled.

┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄

sorry for the wait guys! i've stocked up on chapters to update and now that school is over i have time! : )

Word count: 1029 words

Published May 18, 2022

I do not own any of the characters from Jujutsu Kaisen.