chapter 15

┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄

"No way. No way! We're at Ryugin!? This place is so expensive!" Just looking at the building is making your wallet cry. The elegantly structured tower is dancing with yellow lights, which creates a beautiful gradient against the moonless night sky.

To your left, Gojo's dressed in formal attire, hair down, sporting a pair of sunglasses, in a button-up shirt and black dress pants. Earlier, he had shown up to your room with the top few buttons unbuttoned, claiming that it "made him look good," but you forced him to button them up all the way. He's still grumbling about this now.

You feel the beginnings of a headache, but hopefully, it will go away after you ate a bit.

You and Gojo head towards the entrance, where you are greeted gracefully by staff who kindly lead the way to the reservation that Gojo had somehow made just a few hours ago.

You notice as the girl's eyes linger a moment longer on Gojo than what would've been normal. Flashing her a smile, you suddenly feel the urge to show the man off as your "date," but you don't blame her at all. After all, you only made him button up his shirt all the way because it was more proper.

Around you, other guests are talking in low voices. The atmosphere is classy, with tables covered with a satin black tablecloth. The room is neither well-lit nor dimly-lit, but a perfect combination of the two.

Gojo pulls your chair out from under the table, offering you the seat. You smile and sit down slowly, after which Gojo takes the seat from across you.

The waitress informs you that the meal will start off with two appetizers, one hot and one cold, and that it will be here shortly. You thank her and she scurries off.

"It's so formal here," Gojo sits back in his chair and puts his hands behind his head.

"Stop," you hiss, looking around. "Please act formal too."

"And what if I don't?" He smiles mischievously. "What'll you do about it?"

You shoot him a glare. How dare he!

"I hope the students are doing fine without us there." Gojo continues, as if nothing had happened.

"It's not like they can't take care of themselves, right? They've fought many cursed spirits before, and they're all very capable students."

"Must be thanks to me! That they're so good, of course."

You scoff, smiling. "As if. You are probably the worst teacher anyone could have."

Gojo looks at you, pretending to be hurt. "What do you mean? I'm the strongest!"

"Not this again..." You sigh.

"Do you know why I decided to be a teacher, though?"

"Why? You wanted to keep your ego up?"

Gojo smiles at your remark, but neither confirms nor denies it. "I have a dream."

"A dream?"

"Yep. I never was able to tell you the full story about Yuji, was I?"

"No." You think back to the mission you went on with Gojo. He was too bothered the rest of the stay to explain anything.

"Sorry 'bout that. Promise I won't be like that again."

"Wait, n-"

"As I was saying," he quickly changes the subject. "Yuji is Sukuna's vessel. He harbors that spirit in his body, and can switch consciousness with Sukuna in the same body. And for that reason, the elders of the jujutsu world are terrified of him. They're cowards who can sacrifice innocent souls to save themselves. A month or two ago, they tried to send Yuji, Nobara, and Megumi on a suicide mission to get rid of Yuji. They wanted to kill him! The jujutsu world as it is right now is trash. Filled with idiots and fools who only think for themselves. Who only care about their position and money and power. So, I want to rebuild the system from bottom up. I want to raise sorcerers who are on par with me, who can rebuild the system with me." His eyes are a fiery blue, filled with hatred and desire and hunger.