Chapter 28 Never Again

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well! I just wanted to leave this here before you begin reading this chapter. This is a warning for anyone who may have any triggers. The majority of this chapter depicts violent, unconsensual, and gruesome acts between some of my characters. I ask that you proceed with caution and stop if you begin to feel uncomfortable in any way shape of form at any moment.

If you feel the need to skip this chapter, just know that it is as bad as you are probably imaging for Luna. Be kind to yourself and your mental health.

Now lets begin...

Luna

I hadn't realized I was clenching my fists until Kelly asked me if I wanted more water. I licked my dry lips but had no taste for anything. Was I really going to do this? Was I going to tell her everything?

Looona.

Looona.

No...not everything. I couldn't say it all out loud...but enough. Just enough to be able to say that I was trying. I was trying for Ivan, Ivan and Casey and Me?

I deserved to be free, to let go of all the anger and frustration I felt because of Martin. I deserved more than what I had at this moment. I wasn't crazy or delusional...at least not anymore. I understood that what Martin did was wrong. That taking me, keeping me hostage, the things he did to me, took from me, from my body, they weren't his to take. I knew it was wrong. He wasn't a good man even if he did love me in his own depraved and twisted way.

Without waiting for my answer, Kelly took the liberty of pouring me more water, setting it down in front of me before returning to her seat and waiting patiently for me to begin.

I cleared my throat before beginning. I knew going back was going to be difficult. I knew it was going to hurt more than my spirit, but I cleared my throat again, licked my lips and then took a big breath "The first couple of weeks after leaving Hawaii were probably the worst. I don't remember a lot about leaving the island. I'm pretty sure he drugged me or hit me? I don't know, I just remember waking up on a boat or ship. There was water for a really long time, but I really didn't come to for a very long time. When I woke, I was in what I now know to be a basement. I was stuck down there for a very long time."

I closed my eyes and could smell the muggy air, the humidity making my skin sticky with sweat, my hair plastered to my face, the clothes dirty with my own mess.

"Luna, are you ready to be a good girl?"

The sound of his boots were heavy against the concret. His woodsy cologne was completely out of place in the basement which reeked of moth balls, and mold. There wasn't a lot down in the hot room. Only my bed with springs that creaked every time I moved, the chains attached to the floor, and a small bucket that sat in the opposite corner of the room.

"Let me go you sick fuck. You can't do this." I cried out, tugging on the chains around my wrists and ankles. I had rubbed my skin raw against the metal which suffocated both my hands.

Martin was standing by the door one moment and then in front of me the next. His knees hit the concret hard but he showed no sign of pain as his hand darted out so fast in front of me, I flinched backwards turning my face away, only to slam the side of my head against the wall behind me. The collision made me see stars for a moment. I shook my head trying to clear my vision. But there was a distinct sting that pulsed over and over again. Had I broken the skin? It was Martin's thick fingers which pulled me back towards him. His face was so close to mine, I could smell the mint of his tooth paste and the spicy aftershave he used. "That's no way to talk to me Luna." His hands flashed out in a single moment. He took hold of my face and squeezed so tightly that I thought he would puncture holes on each side of my cheeks. His nails dug into my skin, shaking me so hard that I could almost feel the rattling of my brain. He gave me another hard shake and then used his whole hand to cover my face and push me hard against the wall. The second blow was the one that almost knocked me out.