"Nahan, you're fucking savior," Fernand said aloud.

He went to the edge of the deck and grabbed a rope ladder attached to the Caravel's side, throwing the rope out to the side. Fernand began to descend carefully as the small launch approached him. The boat's driver took care to stop as close as possible to Fernand, who jumped off the rope, managing to fall on his feet in the small boat.

"Ça va?" Said Fernand.

"Ça va bien, et toi Fernand?" Said the man who was driving. "Je m'appelle Garion, Nahan a demandé pourquoi vous ne lui aviez pas envoyé un message."

"Désolé, c'est un cas délicat, je dois lui parler personnellement."

"Bien sûr, je comprends cela. Je vais t'amener à lui." Answered Garion.

"Merci, merci beaucoup!" Fernand said, relieved.

As soon as Fernand and Garion arrived at the port, Fernand noticed a white carriage with gold details outside the gates. Attached to the carriage was the body of a white mule. Flames were coming out of the mule's neck, where usually there would be ahead. Garion indicated the carriage to Fernand, who entered it without a second thought, without even paying attention to the headless mule. Fernand loved the atmosphere of Pordelemor. He began to notice Garion's robes, who sat directly in front of him in the carriage. All Pordelemor residents wore clothes that were fashionable in a Gallia court almost a thousand years ago.

The carriage passed through the gate and entered the walls surrounding the islet and started up a narrow street lined with stone houses, several shops with wooden signs in front of them, a few small hotels that would probably have no more than eight rooms, and a few restaurants. The streets were full of people, and in some of the darker small gaps between the houses, Fernand could see a few people huddling together naked as they explored each other's bodies. Fernand smiled, thinking how much he loved that little piece of land in the world.

The carriage had already made two complete turns as it climbed the hill to the center of the islet, the streets a large spiral cut by small dark alleys. Upon completing the second circle, the carriage stopped, and Garion opened the door:

" Désormais, on ne peut que monter à pied," said Garion leaving the carriage.

Fernand already knew that: the remaining path to the castle at the top and center of the island could only be completed on foot. It was still a large circular walk with several ramps and stairs. Fernand and Garion quickly crossed the small streets of Pordelemor while some inhabitants stopped to observe the two in their haste. Unlike Fernand, everyone on the street seemed to live in slow motion. The three moons that hovered in the sky gave a beautiful tone to the city but not really illuminated it. The street light came from lamps on the walls of houses and occasional people walking around carrying candles or oil lamps. The blaze of flames increased the slowing effect on everyone's movement.

In addition to the period clothes, everyone had grey skin, except the part of the inhabitants formed by black people. The eyes were all puffy and red as if they were constantly crying, with dark circles surrounding them. Some women walked with the top of their dresses open, revealing their breasts as they descended or climbed the stairs of that city that looked more like a single house connected by stairs and alleys. It was challenging to identify where one house ended and another began. After a few minutes, Garion and Fernand reached the most extensive stairs of all.

They began to climb the steps, slowing down the speed they had maintained until then so as not to lose all their oxygen halfway up the long stairs. On top of the stairs, one could have a beautiful view of the southern part of the islet. The various tiles poorly illuminated by the light of the three artificial moons, the buildings emerging from one another, and the movement of persons below was enchanting. Fernand had to stop for a moment to enjoy everything. Beyond the island, the three moons reflected in the black waters of the sea.