Chapter 39

Doja's P.O.V.

As my driver, Thomas, pulls into my garage closing the sliding door behind us Ariana looks at me, "Are you sure about this? I don't want to get everyone involved in my problem."

Since it's just Ariana and I, I know she's probably thinking this is another set up but it's not. I'm pushing the past aside and want to help the girl who's in need for it, "Yes I'm sure. Look the past is in the past alright? No matter what was said, what was done, and whatever else happened, I'm here for you. I don't know the details and neither does Y/N but we are here."

Ariana's eyes brim with tears as she nods her head, "I'm sorry. I was childish and petty saying al the things I did. I just...I was mad at myself for losing someone as good as Y/N. It was by my own doing but Doja there's a lot that y'all won't understand."

"What do you mean?"

She fiddles with her wallet while biting her bottom lip, "Look I can't tell you but please do one thing for me."

I take her hand in mine, "Yes?"

"Take care of her okay? Be there for her like I wasn't, learn from my mistakes and treat her how she deserve because I didn't."

I divert my attention from our hands and to her eyes seeing how honest she's being. I can see that she means everything that she is saying to me. It kind of hurts noticing there is true regret surfacing through her tired eyes.

I realize that Ariana really does still love Y/N and for her to sit here telling me she's wanting us to succeed in this relationship means a lot.

"I will and Ariana she still cares. She doesn't hate you and she was broken after what happened between the both of you, I mean she still is." I tell her squeezing her hand, "I will admit from her side of the story I couldn't stand you and I've said things I probably shouldn't have because I don't know you personally, I just went off of the things I've read." She looks down sadly and I feel bad but the truth does hurt, "So tell me your side of things?"

"Can we go inside to talk?"

I nod my head and we both get out of the car, going inside my house straight to the kitchen. I grab us both wine glasses along with the alcohol and pour us some while she begins to say her part, "From the beginning when I agreed to do a feature with Big Sean. After meeting I went to a friendly dinner with Sean and yes he was a bit flirty but it wasn't major. Until things started to become more apparent even in front of Y/N and I should've cut it off then."

"But you didn't." I interrupt taking a sip of wine.

Ariana mimics my actions before continuing, "I didn't, so as things escalated Y/N and I both became different people in the short amount of time. Then when I came home we immediately started arguing because Y/N voiced her concerns and being me I snapped. We argued as our voices grew louder until I left her house. One thing lead to another and Sean meets up with me."

I feel anger rise in my chest but I push it down and observe her, "He kissed me which I didn't pull away instantly but I did. I quickly got out of the car and sped off to Y/N crying. Then when I got in the house I saw everything she set up for me and God it broke me even more." Ariana sniffles looking away from me, "I told her everything and in that moment I saw everything that we built crumble to the ground, and well you know the rest."

I end up gulping down the rest of my wine pouring more as my head spins, "Well Y/N didn't stray from that."

Ariana tilts her head so I clarify, "Her side matches up to yours. She didn't add more details nor did she make up anything to make you put like this awful person even though what you did wasn't cool at all."