VII. Feeling Useless

VII. FEELING USLESS
Season Two, Episode Five

     It was early in the morning when Rick had started to organize the search

It was early in the morning when Rick had started to organize the search. Everyone gathered around the car once again with the map splayed out on the hood.

Dani's side was hurting still from the well incident but she tried not to think too much about it in hopes of being able to help out. She held the wound discreetly and put pressure on it to make the pain lessen as Rick spoke.

"Alright, everyone's getting new search grid's today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might've gone further East than we've been so far-"

"I'd like to help."

Jimmy walked up to the group with his hands in his pockets. All eyes were immediately on him and Rick to make the decision. "I know the area pretty well and stuff."

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick questioned.

"Yeah, yeah. He said I should ask you." Dani raised her brows in surprise. She didn't know much about Hershel yet but she did know that he didn't warm up to things like that very easily. He's a very cautious man, so this was a shock.

"Alright then, thanks."

Shane started speaking from his place behind the car door, "Nothing about what Daryl found screams 'Sophia' to me. Anybody could've been holed up in that farmhouse."

"'Anybody' also includes her, does it not?" Dani argues back.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl reminds, using his hands to show the size.

Andrea nodded, "It's a good lead."

"Maybe we'll pick up her trail again." Rick says in hope.

"No maybe about it, I'm gonna borrow a horse, head up this ridge right here, take a bird's-eye view of the whole grid. If she's up there, I'll spot her." Dani liked Daryl's plan. She wanted to go; she wanted to be useful somehow. Especially after messing up as bad as she did before.

"Good idea," T-Dog praises, "Maybe you'll see your Chupacabra up there, too."

Rick furrows his brows in confusion, "Chupacabra?"

"You don't know the story?" As Dale places the gun bag on the hood of the car, Dani knows he's about to tell the story. "Our first night in camp, Daryl tells us the whole thing reminds him of a time when he went squirrel hunting and he saw a Chupacabra."