IV. Motion Sickness

IV. MOTION SICKNESS
Season Two, Episode One

    MOTION SICKNESSSeason Two, Episode One

It's been weeks since the CDC. When Dani found out about Jacqui, she sobbed. Not just because she was another life lost, but because she was another friend that Dani lost. Jacqui was a friend to everyone, she was a bright spirit with a fierce attitude. She was able to lift the mood so easily or comfort someone just by rubbing their back. She'll be someone Dani thought about for a while.

She currently sat in the back of the RV with T-Dog. The pair had a deck of cards in the middle of them, with four in Dani's hand and two in T-Dog's hand. They supposed playing Uno was a good way to pass the time and to keep their minds from wandering.

T-Dog placed a colour-switch card down on the pile of used cards. He smiles, slightly egotistically but still in a joking manner, "Green."

"What? That's unfair!" Dani looks down at her cards in her hands and noticed that she only has reds and blues.

"It's not my fault I'm winning. And that you suck." He mumbled the last part, thinking that she wouldn't hear. But she did. And she slapped him on the upper arm for it.

"You jerk!" Dani laughed as she dramatically picked up a card from the deck, "You're cheating."

"How the hell am I cheatin'?"

"I don't know, I just know that you are and you're an ass for it."

All of a sudden, the RV starts coming to a halt, until it just completely stops. "Oh no..." Dale mumbles. Dani and T-Dog walk out from the back room and look out to see cars, stopped and spread out throughout the highway.

Glenn starts looking through the map in his lad whilst Daryl drives up to the side of the RV on his motorcycle. Dale looks to him through the rolled down window, "See a way through?"

He looks back once and then uses his head to follow him. Meanwhile, Glenn looks unsure. "Uh, maybe we should just head back. There's an interstate bypass—"

"Can't spare the fuel." Dale cuts him off and continues to dive slowly. Dani sighs and walks back into the back room to clean up the pile of cards when she hears the engine blow.

She rolls her eyes and mumbles to herself, "Fuck my fucking life, what the fuck."

Everyone gets out of their vehicles and heads to the front of the RV, where Dale is at the front. "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times, dead in the water."