III. When The Clock Hits Zero

III. WHEN THE CLOCK HITS ZERO
Season One, Episode Six

    WHEN THE CLOCK HITS ZEROSeason One, Episode Six

Dinner was, to say the least, fucking amazing.

It felt so nice to finally have a fresh, hot meal in her stomach after weeks of being out on the road and living off of microwaved beans in a can from the RV. Chatter and laughter was loud, glasses were clinging, smiles were formed, the mood was light and happy. Dani was in a good mood.

"You know, in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner. And in France."

"Well, when Carl is in Italy or France, he can have some then."

"What's it gonna hurt, come on!"

Dale poured a small bit of red wine in Carl's glass, "There you are, young lad."

Carl took a small sip and immediately, his face scrunched up in disgust. "Ewww!"

Everyone laughed and took a sip of their own wine. Dani was never really a fan of the substance, but she felt as though, after all this time, she deserved it. So she let herself have some fun.

"Just stick to soda pop, bud." Shane advised the young boy.

"Not you, Glenn," Daryl jokes, "Keep drinking, little man. I wanna see how red your face can get!"

Rick looked over to Jenner, noticing how quiet he was being. Though it wasn't out of the normal for the Doctor, which no one else in the group knew, Rick got up and clinks his glass with his fork. "It seems to me we haven't thanked our host properly."

T-Dog raised his glass of wine, as well as the others, "He is more than just our host."

"Here's to you, Doc. Booyah!"

Dani laughed at Daryl's chant, everyone else copying the man. "Booyah!"

"So when are you gonna tell us what the hell happened here, Doc?" Shane questioned with a hint of aggression laced within his tone. He raised his eyebrow and looked over to Jenner expecting an answer from the man. Jenner just looked up from his glass and over to Shane with his mouth hanging slightly open. "All the— the other Doctors that were supposed to be figuring out what happened. Where are they?"

Rick tried to relax the mood again, as Shane had rather ruined it, "We're celebrating, Shane. Don't need to do this now."

"Woah, wait a second," He retorted, "This is why we're here, right? This was your move. Supposed to find all the answers. Instead we— we found him."