VI. Dried Up Promise Land

VI. DRIED UP PROMISE LAND
Season Two, Episode Four

     T-Dog and Dani had been treated not long before Shane returned to the house with two bags of supplies

     T-Dog and Dani had been treated not long before Shane returned to the house with two bags of supplies. He and a man named Otis had went to a nearby school to fetch some medical supplies for Carl, but only Shane came back, because Otis had died.

On the bright side, the group was given the opportunity to set up camp outside of the house. Hershel allowed them to stay until Carl was back up and ready to move around again, so they set up tents and a campfire and lawn chairs. The others helped, too when they arrived.

The Greene's hosted a funeral for Otis, which the group attended. It was the least they could do for the family that had saved three of their lives. Besides, it was just human decency.

Luckily, with having a somewhat proper place to live, the group could get the search for Sophia properly organized as it should've been. Maggie had shown them a map of terrain and elevations so they could map out where to go, where they've been, and possible places of where Sophia could be.

Dani wasn't sure why she was even there, she couldn't go out again to be part of the search until she'd been healed. Which by then, Sophia will probably already have been found. But she gathered around the car and the map anyways, until it was decided who was going out.

Rick surveyed the map as he spoke out the plan, "We'll grid the whole area, start searching in teams."

"Not you, not today." Hershel says. "You gave three units of blood. You wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out. And Shane, you'll be laid up a month if you push your ankle anymore."

Dani knew her lecture was coming.

Like she was little kid.

"And you, you nearly died. I don't suppose you want to risk that again anytime soon."

Daryl shifted in his place and pointed to a place on the map, "Guess it's just me. I'm gonna head back to the creek, work my way from there."

"I can still be useful," Shane intervened, "I'll drive up to the interstate, see if Sophia wandered back."

"All right, tomorrow then. We'll start doing this right." Rick affirms.

"That means we can't have our people out there with just knives. They need the gun training we've been promising them." Dani supposed Shane was right. It wouldn't be a smart idea to send people out into the danger without proper equipment. And besides, she wanted to learn how to shoot, too.