Chapter 7: Knuckles' Aftermath

While Sonic, Tris, and Tails fly away, Robotnik catches up in a riding mower as he arrived, Knuckles scaled the cliff, and he was surrounded by Robotnik's Badniks. He proceeded to inquire Knuckles about the Master Emerald, but the red echidna insisted that it did not concern him as they had no further use for each other.

"You think these machines are a match for me? I will shatter them like the bones from falling--" When Knuckles was about to finish his sentence, he didn't notice the Badniks were helping them as they made the stairs. "Oh, they are stairs."

As Robotnik had his Badniks help Knuckles up from the cliff though, Knuckles was told by the doctor that he needed his help navigating Earth. Furthermore, he would help him find the Master Emerald so that he could kill Sonic with it.

Seeing that Robotnik was suggesting an alliance, Knuckles was convinced of his commitment after they shook hands on their deal.

Making their way to the Mean Bean Coffee Café, Knuckles met up with Robotnik's assistant, Agent Stone, upon their arrival. Despite a rocky introduction, Knuckles displayed his trust in Stone with a firm handshake.

Soon I will get you, Sonic and Tris, Knuckles thought with a smirk, promising himself he will get rid of the twins, so he could have the key to find the Master Emerald so they won't get in his way.