Under Attack

"Charles!" I screamed as I ran to him. I tackled him to the sandy floors of the beach and kissed him hard. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back. How I had missed his intoxicating lips upon mine. He was only gone for one weekend, but damn it, it had felt like an eternity.

"Hello my love. I have missed you so." He whispered to me. I caressed his face. I placed a kiss upon his head and helped him stand up. I wrapped my arm around his and we started to walk along the beach.

"We only have a few more days until the wedding." I said as I rested my head upon his shoulder. "I know. I bet you've been analyzing everything." I chuckled. He knows I have some sort of OCD when it comes to planning events. "I have and it's been going very well so far. While you were away, Catherine came back."

"Your governess?" He asked. "Yes. I was so happy to see her again. Also, do you remember Nathaniel?" He nodded "Yes. He's a nice man."

"Lynn fancies him. Do you suppose he could be one of your groomsmen?" I asked. "I believe I can do that." I smiled at him. "You'd do anything for me." I said slyly. "Of course I would." He lifted me up and spun me around. "Anything you would ask or demand, I would do it with no hesitation." He then set me down and got on his knees. "I am yours. I belong to you Reilly." He said as he kissed my hand.

"I know." I knelt down at his level, placed my hands on his cheeks and kissed him gently. After a few minutes of our tongues battling, my mind had come to a realization

Aaron. Oh my God. What will Charles think? I told him the whole story and he said if he saw Aaron again, he would kill him. Oh my god, what have I gotten myself into? God, I haven't even thought about this until now. I'm such a damn idiot.

Charles had noticed my stressful face. "Is there something troubling you, my love?" I looked at him with panicked eyes. "I have to go to the dungeon-I mean see that the centerpieces in the ballroom are the right color. They've messed up three times already." With my terrible excuse confusing Charles, I took the opportunity to sprint back to the castle and into the dungeons.

I grabbed the keys and walked to Aaron's cell. "Wake up." I said as he jumped and fell out of bed. I unlocked the cell and he stood up. I signaled have for him to follow me and we walked through the halls. "You'll be rooming with Catherine. If anyone sees you, you'll have to explain yourself to them."

Aaron was keeping up with my fast pace thanks to him bring six-foot one. "So tell me about this Charles Xavier." There's another thing I forgot about. I didn't want to tell him the whole story. That would take hours. "All you need to know is that he was my bodyguard in the past, and now he's going to be my husband."

"I should know more about him. He's going to be my son-in-law in a few days." I said nothing to him and quickened my pace. As we got to the halls of the private bedrooms, we came across Lynn and Catherine. Lynn's smile immediately turned into an angered frown.

"Well would you look at what the cat dragged in?" She said sarcastically. "Hello to you too Lynn." He said with a smirk. "I should beat your ass right now." Lynn said angrily. She was about to walk toward him, but Catherine grabbed her arm.

"Lynn, stop." Catherine said. Aaron looked at his daughter with intimidation. "Lynn, do you still love the ocean?" Lynn gave a confused look as she crossed her arms. "Yeah." Aaron smiled. "I remember when we all went to the beach and you showed me how well you could swim, you could hold your breath underwater longer than any of us. You wanted to stay on the beach all day."

"That's when I was six and didn't like to go to royal dinners." She then scoffed. "Do you honestly think bringing up a memory from the past will make me forgive you? Do you think being here will make up for what you did?" Before Aaron was about to say anything, Lynn cut him off. "No, I already know what you're going to say, it's not my fault! it's the curse! I still love you and Amber! I'm not just a cheating asshole!"

Aaron sighed. "Well I am a curse." Lynn's glare intensified. "You know, you're right. You're curse was being blind to everything in front of you. You could have been so much. You could've been the King pf Zodious." Aaron looked his daughter straight in the eyes. "I'm fighting it Lynn. I wouldn't be here if I let the curse consume me. I'll prove it to you! I'll write a speech-"

"No, no, no! You are not speaking at the reception!" I said. Catherine grabbed Aaron's hand. "Aaron, just follow me." She said as they started walking down the hall Lynn wasn't done with him yet. "He doesn't deserve this Catherine! He isn't worth it!" She yelled.

"I wasn't talking to you Lynn." Catherine said in a stern voice. Lynn angrily shook her head. "I know what he's going to do. He's gonna fuck us all over and now that Amber is gone, Natalia is going to have to pick us all up. Just like before." Aaron finally had enough. "That was in the past Lynn!" He said loudly.

"Fuck the past!" She yelled as she angrily walked to Aaron and got in his face. "You hurt us all! Amber started drinking again because of you! Kiara became a spiteful evil bitch because of you! Natalia had to look after us when she was only a kid! Because of you!"

Suddenly Aaron pushed her to the side and started briskly walking away from all of us. "Yeah run you bastard! Run like you always do!" Lynn screamed. Catherine and I were too shocked to say anything Lynn turned around and got in Catherine's face. "Why did you bring him back, Catherine? That was the stupidest thing you could have done!" She then turned to me. "And Reilly. Why are you letting him stay? I thought you got over your daddy issues!" She yelled as she pushed me away and walked back to her room.

Catherine sighed. "And here I thought you would be the most angry at him. He is not asking you girls for his love, or his trust. Just your forgiveness." See if she said as she walked into her room and closed the door behind her.

Oh god what have I done? My emotions were spiraling in my head. There was no winning in this scenario. Charles and Lynn would kill him before Natalia even had the chance to call the executioner. I sank down to my knees. I started to breathe shakily and a lump was forming in my throat. I just didn't know what to do. Why didn't I wake up and go into the portal? Why did I want this wedding to surprise me?

Then I remembered what Lynn said to me and I questioned why I'm giving this chance to Aaron when I have nothing but resentment for him? Maybe she was right. Maybe I'm not over my daddy issues, maybe I'm still that little five-year-old girl asking Amber where father was. I put my hands over my face and started to cry as that was all I could do.