Part 2 - We Meet Again

The Singh Hospital was decorated beautifully. There was a great hustle and bustle of the people. Everyone was congratulating Dr Anil Singh for the success of their hospital.

"Namaste, Dr Harshvardhan, Dr Mahima, Dr Anand." Dr Anil said politely.

"Namaste." They greeted back.

"Congratulations on your success." Anand Birla congratulated while Harshvardhan and Mahima forced a smile and congratulated after some time.

"Thank you. Well, let me introduce you to someone." He said looking in the crowd of people.

"She's is a Music Therapist. The girl is so hardworking." Dr Anil praised the girl smiling widely.

"Payal, come here." He called a girl who was talking to some people.

"Yes sir." Payal smiled warmly.

"Where is Akshara? I didn't see her when I came." Dr Anil enquired.

Harshvardhan paled a little.

"Ma'am? She was here only. I will call her." Payal went away excusing herself.

"Where is Abhimanyu?" Dr Anil asked frowning.

"Oh, he is just coming." Mahima Birla answered forcing a smile.

"Sir you called for me." A voice came from behind them.

"Yes, Akshara. Meet Birla's. This is Harshvardhan Birla. Mahima Birla and Anand Birla." He introduced them not realising the tension between them.

"This is Akshara Singhania. She's such a talented girl. I was talking about her only. Such a sweet and hardworking girl." He praised Akshara patting her head lovingly.

Harshvardhan Birla looked at the petite girl in front of him.

"This success party is because of her. It was my best decision to hire her and never did she disappoint me." Dr Anil smiled at the girl who was like his daughter.

His one daughter died when she was 8 in an accident. If she would have been alive today, she would have been of the same age as Akshara.

"Sir, this all is your kindness." Akshara was a little surprised to see Birla's here but masked her expression before it could show on her face.

"Don't call me sir. I'm like your father." Dr Anil smiled warmly.

"Namaste." Akshara gave one of her formal smiles but rolled her eyes internally.

God! She didn't want to meet them.

"It was nice to meet you." Harshvardhan Birla wanted to make a good impression on Dr Anil so he talked to her politely.

"Thanks. I wish I could say the same." Akshara gave a fake smile.

Harshvardhan Birla clenched his fist.

"Where is Samantha?" Akshara asked looking at Dr Anil.

"She must be here somewhere." Dr Anil asked looking at the crowd of people.

"Then I will find her." Akshara went away saying that.

She sighed a little after going away from them.

"Abhi..manyu must be here only. Try to avoid him." Akshara said realising what she was about to say.

Abhimanyu entered the party and gave a frustrated sigh looking at people. Suddenly his heart started beating loudly.

"Akshu!" He muttered softly. He looked at the crowd of people surprisingly and with a little hope.

"You called me?" Akshara asked a girl.

"No, Akshu. Let's meet dad before he scolds me for not showing him my face since morning. " The girl took her hand in her.

"Wait! I'm so sorry. I forget to ask. You were unwell yesterday, okay now? If you want to sit here you can, I will come after meeting him." The girl said making her sit on the nearby chair.

"I'm okay. Let's go." Akshara really cherishes the way Samantha cares for her like a big sister.

They do all the things that she wished to do with Aarohi. Samantha was very protective of her. She thanked God for getting a best friend who was more like her sister. She gave her all the love that Aarohi never gave him. Heck! She never even respected her.

Before they could go, Samantha's colleagues stopped them to congratulate Akshara.

"Abhimanyu, how are you?" Dr Anil asked looking at him, smiling softly.

"I'm good. Nice to meet you." Abhimanyu smiled shaking his hand.

"Papa!" Samantha called out loudly drawing attention toward them.

Abhimanyu looked at Akshara in shock. He gave her a longing look while Akshara didn't glance at him.

She could feel his penetrating gaze but she tried to not look at him. She clenched her fist tightly to stop herself from going in his arms. It was enticing but she controlled herself.

"Stop thinking about him." Her inner self reprimanded.

Samantha hugged her father and greeted everyone.

" This is Samantha, my daughter." He introduced her while Abhimanyu looked at Akshara. She squirmed under his gaze.

He then introduced Akshara and Abhimanyu. Akshara put up a bold face and smiled at him. She behaved as if he was a stranger making him a little hurt.
But he knew it was his mistake. He gave her a guilty look and almost pleaded with her eyes to forgive him.

He needs to correct his mistake. Abhimanyu thought in his mind.

"Nice to meet you," Abhimanyu said softly with a longing gaze.

"I wish could say the same, Dr Abhimanyu Birla." Akshara's emotionaless voice came making him sad and more guilty than before.

Samantha looked at Akshara in surprise. It was a shock to see Akshara's fake smile.
She never saw her doing that.

Abhimanyu smiled sadly.

___________________________

This was the worse chapter, I have written. I'm sorry guys, it was not up to my expectations.

I sprained my wrist and I don't know how my clumsy self managed to do that. So, I was not exactly in the mood to write.

But I promise I won't disappoint in the next chapter. Sorry again.