Chapter-5 The Practice Match

Start from the beginning

You sighed, "The volleyball club has a practice match today and I wanted to go there to encourage them but I stayed because of the exhibition..." You stood from your chair lifting up the canvas and placing it on the ground. 

You grabbed your brushes and the palate and were leaving the room. You immediately turned around, "...By the way the president had already given me permission to go but I stayed because of you. I didn't want to regret later that I burdened you with all the work," you said in a loud voice and left the room.

You were washing all the brushes and palate; suddenly your phone popped up with a notification. It was Katsumi. She messaged you to ask if you were coming.

You sadly replied that you couldn't come and closed your flip phone and went back to the room.

I think the match has started.

You entered the room with Takeshi's eyes on you. He was just looking at you, thinking about what he had said. He was not capable of speaking to you after all you were not in the mood and he was the reason you were angry.

~Timeskip~

All the art pieces were complete. You were cleaning up everything, washing the brushes, and keeping all the paints in their places. Takeshi was arranging all the art canvases. You both were not talking to each other. 

Your phone rang up, you opened your flip phone-it was Katsumi.

"You know the second set is over and we won it," she said.

"Yes!! I knew it... What about the first set? Who won it?" you asked curiously. Takeshi could hear you talking but he didn't say anything.  He was working and listening to you at the same time.

"...Uhm...We lost the first one," she said sadly.

"Oh no! Don't worry, I know they'll win the third one. If I get there now I think I might get to watch the last set,"

"Then you should leave now."

"Yes I am leaving in a few minutes," you said as you packed your bag quickly. You put your phone in your pocket, "Takeshi I am..." There was no one in the classroom.

You looked in the corridor, there was no one? You looked back in the classroom.

His bag is also not here, so he left without informing me. Seriously, what is up with this guy? Now, I have to lock the club.

You locked the room and ran outside. As you reached the school gate, your phone popped up with a notification. It was Katsumi's message, "Did you leave?"

You typed back, "Yes, I'll be there soon." 

You lifted your head from the screen of your phone, a fast-approaching bicycle halted with a jerk in front of you. "Takeshi... what are you doing here?"

"There is no time for questions, hop on," he said pointing towards the back seat of the bicycle.

"Huh?"

"Don't you want to go to Aoba Johsai right now? If you'll walk there right now you'll probably reach after the match is over."

You were shocked by his words, you were just staring at him. Is this really Takeshi?  You didn't expect him to be the one helping you right now after the way you talked to him. You have been with him in the art club for more than a week and he never talked to you with such politeness, all this was pretty shocking.

"Come on!" he said pulling you out of your thoughts.

You nodded without giving it a second thought you hopped on his bicycle.