Chapter-17 Does he really?

~Two days later~

On the day of the competition...

The competition was not that big because there were fewer people. Maybe not enough people like art they prefer volleyball more.

You and Takeshi headed towards your canvas and sat down on your seats. You ran your eyes in the audience and could not see any familiar faces.

You didn't remind your friends about the competition because they were all feeling down about losing the match. Still, there was hope at least Katsumi would be there but she was not also there.

You scanned again into the crowd just to make sure they weren't there.

You sighed. I should have reminded them about the competition

The basic rules of the competition were being explained so you kept aside the thought and tried to focus.

.

.

.

The last hour was left to finish the painting, Takeshi and your coordination was the best. It was a whole different from the other time.

He was helping you and correcting you.

Your whole concentration was on the competition, but still, you were very nervous.

Suddenly you heard your name being called and then a lot of voices similarly shouting your name.

You turned back to see your friends in the audience cheering for you. You were so happy that there were tears in your eyes. The competition finished and the results would be announced 2 hours later.

I did my best and I am satisfied with my artwork.

Everyone came to greet you and you were so happy seeing them, they were your true friends. Two of the people which you wanted to see here were not here. 

After talking with everyone you realized your hands were soaked in paint, you went towards the water tap to wash your hands.

As you rub your hands with soap you heard someone say, "You performed well!"

You looked above to see Oikawa standing there with a towel in his hand. You rinsed your hands with water and grabbed the towel from his hands. 

"Y/N, I am sorry!" He said softly.

"You know that you should say these words to someone else!"

"I know and I am ready to do that!" As Oikawa said that you saw Kageyama walking past the corridor. Your eyes met and he walked away. He was also here! He came to see my competition...No way! He didn't, he hates me.

You tapped on Oikawa's shoulder and gestured for him to go and apologize to Kageyama. 

"Sorry," said Oikawa. You backed him up and said, "I am sorry...to both of you. I know you both are born rivals but I don't want you both to fight because of me."

Kageyama said nothing and left. As for Oikawa, he said bye to you because he had practice and he again apologized as he could not wait till the results are announced.

You looked in the direction where Kageyama left and the flashback hit you,

Flashback

"DAADD! DADD!, Wake up...Please."

The chaos of the hospital, the screams, and blood everywhere...That long corridor with the hustle and bustle of doctors... That crying face...

"Mom, what's happening?"

A hand on your shoulder brought you back from the trance. You were all sweaty.

"Results are about to be announced, Come on!" said Takeshi. You nodded.

.

.

The speaker announced, 'And the winners of the competition are...Takeshi and Y/N from Karasuno High School!'

You screamed in joy and hugged Takeshi. It was so magnificent moment for you. All the hard work you and Takeshi did to win this came to use. 

This competition not only brought you closer to Takeshi but also learned a lot of things along the way. But this competition was just the beginning there is a long way to go.

~The Next Day~

Katsumi came towards you as you were randomly doodling on the notebook as you were bored. "Hi, bestie!"

"Oh, Hi!"

"What's up why such a sad face?"

"I am not sad...I am just thinking"

She twitched her brows and sat down on the desk beside me, "Well, then tell me what are you thinking?"

"It's nothing serious"

"Oh come on Y/n"

"Okay, so various things have happened with me firstly at the bookstore...." And like that, you narrated everything revolving around Kageyama and Oikawa.

"Bestiieeee! You have got a lover!"

"What are you saying? It's nothing like that. He is my friend. That's it."

"No no, you are not trying to understand. Oikawa definitely likes you, since the day he met I have seen it. It is so clear that he is jealous of Kageyama. Come on how can you be so dumb?"

"...I think I am going to faint. You are just making things up."

"Oh, am I really! Then ask yourself that...many things have happened now it's up to you,"

"Is it really love? Are you sure?" you asked.

"How can it not be?"

Somewhere sitting at the desk with his head down Kageyama was listening to this conversation. 

Did I love him? Not sure...Is he jealous of Kageyama? I don't know...Are we and Kageyama friends? Nooo...we are just enemies since the day we met... 

Your phone rang and Oikawa's name flashed through the screen, Katsumi excitedly insisted to pick up the call. What if he...

"Hello! Y/N-chan...Let's go to watch Fireworks tomorrow!",  he said.

Huh! Fireworks?

"What are you talking about?...Uhh Summer Festival"

"Yes...let's go together," he said.

Katsumi was nodding her to telling me to say yes and yes you did.

As soon as cut off the phone, Katsumi screamed, "Y/NNNNNNN, let's buy you a Yukata! Come on, he has asked you on a date it should be special and you should look special."

Kageyama lifted his head and saw you both leave the classroom in a rush. 

To be continued...