Chapter-20 The Unspoken Understanding

"Y/NNNNNN," Takeshi came towards me while jumping through the corridor.

"Yes! Takeshi-san, what can I do for you? You look happy!" 

"Well, I could say the same about you. Something interesting happened between you and him?" he said teasingly.

"Noo! Nothing happened okay!"

He raised a brow. "Forget it, about my bet...I was thinking that maybe I'll save it for later."

"Yes please, thank you so much. For once everything is going right, I don't need any more drama." I have to also talk to Oikawa.

The bell rang and you were heading to the classroom, he was still bickering about how he was going to use his bet against me. 

You bumped into someone, "Sorry"

"Ahh Y/N"

"Kageyama...Ohh" Should I say something?

"Hii!"

"Hey," he greeted in his deep voice. You smiled and were about to say it, but he said we should head to class.

Takeshi was observing you both, the tension the awkwardness. 

~Late in the afternoon during lunch~

"Soooo, Y/N what's up?" Takeshi entered the class with a lunch box in his hand and sat at your front desk.

"What do you mean?... Nothing's up!" 

He raised his eyebrow. "Look Y/N, I saw the way you talked to Kageyama...How did that happen? I mean we are rivals I know but you both are like born enemies. So what changed?"

"We sort out some things and we are friends. Btw when were we so good friends that we are discussing things like this"

"We are not friends Y/N. I don't think we can ever be. But I can say that I admire you as a person very much. I mean I told you we are rivals but only in art, besides that I respect you and I would want you to have the best person in your life..."

"Wait! Wait! Where is this heading? I appreciate you saying all that but how is my personal life involved in all of this," you asked confusingly.

"In simple words, I don't think Kageyama is the right guy for you."

"You also said that for Oikawa," you responded quickly.

"I never said that,"

"But your actions looked like! And how did getting into a relationship with Kageyama get in between we are just friends. Yesterday. Just yesterday we became friends."

"I didn't mean that, I just want you to be cautious. He hurts people around him."

"I dont need advice from a person who is not even my friend. If you really think you are good at choosing who would be the best person for me go on...Tell me! Is it you?"

"..."

You shook your head in disappointment, picked up the lunch while stomping your feet, and left the classroom.

"Wait Y/N"

Takeshi came towards you, "I... I just wanted to point out that sometimes, what we think we want isn't always what's best for us. The head doesn't always follow what seems right. And this isn't about friendship and deep down you also know this."

Your brows furrowed in confusion, "What are you trying to say?"

"I've noticed how you look at Oikawa. There's an undeniable chemistry even if you don't see it most of the people do. I may be wrong and other people may also be wrong. What I'm telling you is that for once listen to your heart," he said carefully.

"Are you saying... I might have feelings for Oikawa?"

Takeshi nodded gently. "It's worth considering, isn't it?"

You tried to contemplate what he was trying to say.

"I need some time to process this."

With a nod, Takeshi offered a small smile. "Take all the time you need. Just remember, sometimes what seems unexpected could lead to something wonderful."

You both walked together towards the class and Takeshi spoke up, "You and Oikawa fought?"

You nodded sadly. "Figured, that's why you won't stop looking at your damn phone"

"Just call him!"

"Since, when are you team Oikawa,"

"I am not! I think he is a nice guy, he keeps you happy. That's all"

"Hmm...Okay!"

You washed your hands and looked at Takeshi. "I think I'll call him or meet him tomorrow let's see"

"Good!"

~In the evening~

In the evening, after a long day at school and the emotional conversations with Takeshi, you decided to take some time.

 You found a quiet spot in the garden just outside the gym and sat down to reflect on the events of the day. You couldn't help but think about the unexpected confession from Takeshi.

It was a bit surprising, but you appreciated his honesty. It made you realize that the people around you cared about your well-being, even if they had different ways of showing it. 

Your thoughts then drifted to Kageyama. He was trying to be friendly, and you appreciated the effort. But you couldn't shake the warning Takeshi had given you about him. 

You decided that it might be a good idea to have a heart-to-heart conversation with Kageyama to understand him better. 

And then there was the issue with Oikawa. The tension between you two had been building. You decided to call or meet him the next day to clear the air and hopefully resolve the misunderstandings between you two.

 As you sat there, you realized that your life had become more complex than you had ever thought.

The sound of the gym's gate opening caught your attention, and you saw Kageyama walking in, drying his hair with a towel. He looked unusually funny in his messy hair.

"Ohh, Hi!"

"Hey...Umm, were you waiting for someone?" he asked.

"No...actually yes. I was waiting for you. I was hoping that we can walk home together."

He nodded in agreement.

You two walked in silence. In that silence was that unknown comfort not saying anything to each other but still trying to understand each other. 

It was true that Kageyama had always been difficult when it came to expressing his emotions. His personality leaves you confused, wondering what thoughts were going through his mind. 

However, something had shifted between you two, and you couldn't deny the change in his attitude towards you.

As you watched him out of the corner of your eye, you noticed the way he occasionally stole glances in your direction. He was also trying to figure out the thing about your friendship.

It was a curious feeling, this unspoken understanding that had developed between you two. 

You finally decided to break the silence. "Kageyama," you began, "I appreciate the effort you've been making to be more...friendly."

He turned his gaze towards you and he nodded. It was a small gesture.

"I know we've had our differences but I am glad we are friends now."

Kageyama remained silent, but his expression seemed to soften, a faint hint of a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

The unspoken understanding between you two had deepened, and as you continued your walk, you felt a sense of hope.

Perhaps there was more to Kageyama Tobio than met the eye, and maybe, just maybe, your friendship could continue to evolve, and turn into something more beautiful. 

It was weird but you were hoping for something...MORE BEAUTIFUL!

To be continued...