Chapter-5 The Practice Match

The week passed very quickly; you had not met the volleyball team since then except for Kageyama because he was in your class. 

You never talked to him just glared at each other from time to time. This whole week, you were occupied with your club activities and were staying after school to complete the artworks for the exhibition which was on the next day.

It was the day of the match, you wanted to go but couldn't because of the exhibition. You hadn't told Katsumi yet, every time you went to speak to her you were interrupted by one or the other thing.

I really want to go to the match. I even asked the president and she allowed me to go. But all the work would be forced on Takeshi, we still have a lot of paintings to complete. I'll regret handing him everything moreover, Takeshi would never stop bugging me if I go. 

You sighed. "What happened Y/N? You look worried," Katsumi asked.

"Katsumi...Did you hear about the art exhibition tomorrow?"

"Yes, I did. What about it?"

"I have a lot of work to do here so I can't join you at the match today. I am sorry. If I get free, I'll definitely come there," you said sadly.

"It's okay Y/N. The exhibition is also important. I'll tell you every detail about the match," she encouraged you.

"Thank you Katsumi," you hugged her.

~Timeskip~

The school had finished. You were sitting in the club, with a paintbrush in one hand and a canvas in front of you. You were physically present there but your mind was not present there as you were lost in your own thoughts. You were anxious about the match. Takeshi somehow noticed this.

"Oi Ms. Worried what happened? You are here to help, not to time pass... Did you fight with your boyfriend?" he said nudging your arm.

"What?"

"So Ms. Worried is really worried about something," he teased.

"I heard you, okay. And no nothing happened. About your second question, it's none of your business."

"So it's really about him...," he said. You tilted your head.

"...about your boyfriend. You haven't told me his name yet. One thing I know for sure is that he is from the volleyball team."

You rolled your eyes and ignored him. You continued painting on the canvas but he stared at you, thinking deeply. 

Somehow, your worried face was affecting him and he wanted to know the reason.

"Oi...Y/n," he called you. But you ignored him again and continued painting. "Oi...Y/N..." he grabbed your hand in which you were holding the brush.

"What do you want now? I am doing the work. Is there anything you want me to do for you?" you said irritatingly.

"Uhm...I want to...want to... know what happ-happened? Is some-something bothering you?" he stammered with his face turned to the opposite side.

You were shocked. He is asking me if I am worried...Is this really Takeshi?

"Even if something is worrying me, why does it matter to you? You are not even my friend," you said.

"Look I am worried okay..." he said quickly.

 You raised your eyebrows.

 "...even though we are not friends. You are in my club and right now, you being worried is not helping in any way. You are just a burden here. We still have to complete 8 more paintings and we are already lagging behind."