Chapter 13 Part 1: The Sweet Hereafter

Start from the beginning

Scott: I didn't kill Clifford Blossom

Angus: I know you didn't, but maybe this isn't a bad thing.

Scott: What?

Angus: I'm just saying if you let the legend grow, more people will fear you.

Scott: I want criminals to fear me, not everyone.

Angus: Well all I'm saying is, sometimes you can make lemons out of lemonade.

Angus says this as he heads upstairs, leaving Scott alone to think about what he should do next. As he thinks, he looks up at the Red Knight mask, that seems to be staring back at him.

- - - - THE BLUE AND GOLD - - - -
    At school, Scott is joined Betty and Jughead as he watches the video of Clifford killing Jason.

Scott: Jesus, that's Grimm.

Betty: What type of Father would do that to his own son?

Jughead: A monster, that's who.

Betty: With one mystery down, we have another one to go.

Jughead: What you mean?

Betty: Seriously? The devil guy who stopped Clifford Blossom.

Scott heart nearly drops out of his chest, the last thing he wanted was anyone he knew, let alone Betty, to wanna try to investigate the Red Knight.

Jughead: Betty, c'mon.

Betty: No Jug, I'm serious. Are you telling me there's not a tiny inch of you that doesn't wanna figure out who this guy is?

Jughead: Yeah, I already know who he is. He's some lunatic, who probably gets his rocks off beating people.

Betty: Or he's someone trying to do good. Think about it, he knew Clifford Blossom killed Jason. How did he know and why did he care. Scott what do you think?

Scott: Maybe a bit of column A and Column B, we honestly won't know until we find out. But, I think Jugs right here Betty. He's probably just some crazy guy, who sniffed his nose in the right direction. And besides, we all solved the murder of Jason Blossom. I say we just take a quiet break, and be high school students again huh? Is that ok with you guys?

Scott: Alright then. I gotta get ready for class, I'll talk to you guys later.

Scott then grabs his coat, walking out of the blue and gold. Leaving Betty and Jughead alone.

- - - - HALLWAY- - - -
As Scott is getting stuff out his locker, he fills a finger suddenly tap his shoulder. He turns around to see Veronica, smiling at him.

Veronica: Hey

Scott: Hey, yourself. How you doing?

Veronica: My moms getting everything ready for my dad to come back, so she's acting a little hectic. But other that that nothing much, what about you?

Scott: Nothing much either just enjoying the quite nights.

Veronica: Speaking of that, where were you when we watched the "video". I tried to call you.

Scott: Oh, I forgot to charge my phone and by the time I got back home the news already broke. I'm sorry I wasn't there.

Veronica: Hey it's ok, don't worry about. But, now changing the subject, since we're not actively investigating a murder case, we need to come clean to the others about our pas de deux.

Scott: Our what?

Veronica: Our romance.

Scott: Oh, really? I mean we haven't been keeping it subtle.

Veronica: Before, it was just flirting glances at each other. Now, since Betty and Jughead are together, I wanna make it official between us. What do you say?

Scott: I would want nothing more, Veronica.

As Veronica and Scott lean in for a kiss, suddenly the PA speakers come on giving them a slight pause.

MAN: [OVER PA] Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, report to the Principal's office.

- - - - SCHOOL CAFETERIA- - - -
Later that school day, the friend group is all at lunch together, listening to what Betty and Archie were told in the Principals office.

Betty: I told her I wouldn't do it. Not unless you and Scott up there with us, Jug.

Jughead: I appreciate the righteous indignation, Betty, I do, but Jubilees aren't my thing.

Scott: Yeah, and besides, I'm still the new guy here. So, take the win Betty ok?

Archie: Jug, how's your dad? Did you get in to see him?

Jughead: Here's the latest. Mayor McCoy wants my dad to name names in exchange for a lesser sentence.

Scott: What? Whose names?

Jughead: The Serpents. Sheriff Keller thinks they're the ones dealing the drugs that Clifford Blossom brought into the town.

Kevin: My dad says more and more drugs are hitting the streets.

Jughead: Kevin, relax, this isn't The Wire. My dad says they're not the ones dealing. And meanwhile, Mayor McCoy hasn't even said the words "Clifford" or "Blossom" in public. It's all about how the Serpents are the problem, the villains.

Betty: Kev, what does your say about this masked guy?

Kevin: Not much, but he does suspect that this guy been operating mostly on the Southside. There's some speculation that he maybe a disowned Blossom, getting revenge on the family.

Hearing this, Scott rolls his eyes. Hearing these ridiculous theories about his alter ego.

Betty: This is outrageous. I'm writing an article about this, and not just for The Blue and Gold, for The Register. This is a town story.

Jughead: Okay, as long as the article doesn't include my dad.

Betty: No, it is going to be about your dad, Jug. It doesn't matter how many Jubilees Mayor McCoy throws. This town's changed. That needs to be acknowledged. Why are people so afraid of the truth?

Veronica: Speaking of the truth... Scott and I wanted to tell you guys.. We're officially dating.

   There's a slight silence from the table, when suddenly Betty gives a cute smile to the two couple.

Jughead: Heh, about time.

Betty: It's okay, Vee. We're all happy for you guys.

Archie: Yeah

Veronica: Thanks, Bee.

Scott: Thanks, guys.

The friend group sit and continue to eat, but Scott is distracted. There's is something on his mind that he can't shake, but he may have a way to make those thoughts go away.

- - - - SCHOOL HALLWAY - - - -
Later, after lunch, Betty walks back to her locker, when she notices a piece of paper sticking out of her locker. She looks around as she pulls the paper out, that reads "Behind POP's Diner, 10pm, Don't be late." Betty looked around again, her mind beginning to race. Was this some sorta sick prank... or was it him?