Chapter 9 Part 1: La Grande Illusion

Jughead VO: Thicker than blood

Jughead VO: Thicker than blood. More precious than oil. Riverdale's big business is maple syrup. Since the town's founding,one family has controlled its lucrative syrup trade,the Blossoms. They were a part of the fabric of our daily lives...

A Man carrying Breakfast plate, with a bottle of aspirin, sets it next to an unconscious, and bandaged up, Scott.

Rich or poor, old or young,we consumed Blossom syrup by the bucket. That sickly, sweet smell was inescapable. The death of Jason Blossom precipitated a crisis. With the heir apparent gone,who would inherit the family business one day? Certainly not Cheryl. It was a question that brought the wolves to Riverdale. And now, the Blossoms were circling the wagonsagainst possible attack,from within their own ranks.

- - - -ST.LAWRENCE CHURCH BASEMENT- - - -

LAWRENCE CHURCH BASEMENT- - - -

   Scott wakes up in major pain. He looks at his body and sees stitches all over him. He then examines his surroundings, he clearly is not at home so where was he. He looks over to his left and sees a breakfast plate, but the think that captures his eye is the bottle of Asprin. He reaches for the bottle, but it's too far away.

   As he reaches for the bottle, he falls off the couch and lands hard on the floor. he groans in pain when he suddenly hears a voice.

???: If you bust those stitches, you'll be on your own boyo.

A Scottish man, who appeared to be in his mid fifties, stands before Scott. Scott tries to get up, but is struggling to do so.

Scott: Who the hell are you?

As Scott begins to fall, the Scottish man quickly catches him.

???: The man who saved your life, so I'd watch my Geggi if I were you. Names Angus.

Angus rest Scott back on the couch. Scott is both thankful and confused as to who this was and why he would him. Angus picks up some tablets of aspirin,
and puts them in Scotts hand. Scott wastes no hesitation and immediately drop them in his mouth and takes a swing of orange juice. Scott sighs, with the pain starting to relief itself, and begins to lay,softly down on the couch.