Chapter 7 Part 1: In a Lonley Place

Jughead VO: What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

   - - - - TAMAKI LODGE (10 years ago)- - - -
A young Scott, now with his Parents and older brother, are packing their bags. They are about to return home to San Francisco. They are the picture perfect family. Little Scott is holding his mothers hand as they, including Scotts father and brother, head out of the cabin. With Scott father closing the door behind him.

Jughead VO: Or it's none of those things. And it's a place where the captain of the football team is murdered. Or maybe it's just a cabin on the outskirts of town, where a teenage boy and the ghost of his past, call home.

            - - - - TAMAKI LODGE (Now)- - - -
Scott walks in the cabin, alone and bloody. He plops down on the couch, exhausted from his nightly patrol, but still considers it worth it. As he begins to close his eyes the sun begins to rise. He opens his eye and watches the sun rise, he chuckles to himself and walks to his bathroom to get ready for school.

- - - - RIVERDALE HIGH - - - -
At school, The five friends are hanging together in the student lounge. Betty is giving her friends updates on Pollys escape from the Sisters of Quiet Mercy last night.

Betty: My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition.

Veronica: Please. What decade is this?

Jughead: That's not even the craziest part, they say someone might've helped Polly escape.

Archie: Who?

Jughead: They don't know, all they do know is that he was wearing all black and has a mean right hook.

Scott casually rubs his eyes, not trying to be suspicious when Jughead brings up the masked vigilante.

Betty: Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did...

Jughead: She could be the murder, trying to cover her tracks.

Scott: Who'd burn the car, then?

Jughead: Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone,probably the masked guy, was following us.

Veronica: Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move.

Scott: I hear Greendale's nice

Betty: Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next? What if this masked lunatic kidnapped her?

Hearing Betty call Scott a "masked lunatic", even though she didn't know it was him, it did honestly sting Scott a little bit. But he didn't think about it for too long because he then sees Jughead consoling Betty and rubbing her back. Everyone is shocked, except for Scott who has a proud look on his face. Veronica notices the awkward silence in the room and decides to break the ice.

Archie: Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police.

Kevin: Second it. We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet.

Jughead: No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God, the Blossoms.

Scott: He's right. They're the first people that he would tell.

Betty: And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms. They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite.

Unknown to the six friends, Ginger,one of Cheryls friends, is listening in to there conversations and begins typing on her phone.

Veronica: How can we help? Tell us, B, and we'll do it.

Scott: We're here for you Betty, all of us.

- - - - THE BLUE AND GOLD- - - -
As Jughead enters the Blue and Gold, he sees Scott, leaning back on the desk, giving Jug the slow clap.

Scott: You sly dog you.

Jughead: Shut up.

Scott: Come on man, you know I'm teasing. So you finally took my advice huh? What made you decide to go forward with it?

Jughead: You were right. Betty needed me and I couldn't bear watching her be alone anymore.

Scott: Well, you made the right call I'm happy for you two.

Scott gives an approving smile to his friend. he didn't wanna take credit for putting the two together, but seeing that so much has been going on in all three of there lives, it was nice for the one second to feel like teenagers again.

Scott: So, how are the three of us gonna find Polly?

Jughead: Well, me and Betty were thinking to fill more ground by putting together a search party.

Scott: A pregnant 18 year old who escaped an home for troubled youths, and is now the prime suspect of the murder of her boyfriend can't go far so she's either hiding in the woods or...

Scott looks at the map of Riverdale, and points to the  Southside, the most violent part of the small town and where Scott mostly dawns his Masked Vigilante persona. Jughead has a perplexed look on his face.

Jughead: The Southside? Why would she go there?

Scott: The last place people would suspect, it's probably the only place she feels safe.

Jughead: There's also been reports of that guy in the mask possibly living there, so if it's possible he kidnapped her, he probably took her to his home.

Scott is troubled by this theory. He know he had good intentions to free Polly and help her. He couldn't help but think that he possibly made things worse for both him and Polly. Suddenly, Scott and Jughead phone begins to ping, it's a message from Betty. Cheryl has took upon herself to tweet out her thoughts on the manner.

Scott: Look at this, #PollyCooperKilledMyBrother, #NowhereToHide, #SharpenYourPitchforks.

Jughead: Damn.

Scott: I think you need to go and see about Betty.

Jughead leaves the Blue and Gold Office, leaving Scott alone. He looks at the map of Riverdale, pondering where Polly could be. He didn't wanna admit but he felt guilty for putting Polly through this. This was his mess and he knew he was the one who had to fix it, one way or another.