Chapter 12 Part 1: Anatomy of a Murder

Start from the beginning

Hermione: Excuse me?
Mary: What!
Fred: Alice?

Veronica: Actually... I approached Mrs. Cooper. I had to know if FP was involved, and if he was connected to my dad.

Hermione: A gin was found. FP is the killer Case closed. We're leaving.

Archie: There was no gun!

Fred: Son, this isn't petty theft or a bar fight we're talking about, Archie. This is murder.

Archie: Okay, fine. Then we'll go to the sheriff without you.

Mary: Archie, you entered FP's residence illegally. So whatever you did or did not find there would be inadmissible in a court of law.

Archie: I don't care what happens to me.

Fred: I do care. FP may have ruined Jughead's life, I'm not gonna let him ruin yours.

- - - - TAMKAI LODGE- - - -
After leaving the Andrews residence, Scott retuned home ,distraught. He was lost and didn't know what to do and felt he was back at square one. Angus sees this and goes to comfort him, but also see what the next play is.

Angus: So, now what?

Scott: Honestly? Haven't figured that part out yet.

Angus: If what you say is true, that FP is being framed, May I suggest go follow the trail. who would want to frame FP or who know why?

As Scott begins to think of names of who could be responsible, his phone chimes. Betty sent him a text saying that her and Archie were gonna look for Jughead. Scott responded immediately, texting they would all meet up and find Jug together. Scott than gets up from the couch and grabs his coat.

Angus: Where are you going?

Scott: Betty texted me, we're gonna go look for Jughead.

Angus: Really? I would think this would be a job for The Knight.

Scott: What my friends need now is there friend, not a vigilante.

- - - - BUS STATION - - - -
Betty, Archie, and Scott all get out of Scott car and run up to the front door of the bus station, which is now closed.

Scott: Damnit! Now what

Archie: Well, From what he said in the hall, it seems like he wants to get to his mom in Ohio.

Scott: What is that? Like a two day drive from here?

Archie: I don't know[notices Betty checking her phone] Anything?

Betty: No.

Archie: Maybe his phone died.

Betty: Or maybe, the only friends he has just completely betrayed him.

As the three friends reflect on what has occurred and the situation they're in, suddenly Scott's phone begins to ring.

Archie: Is that him?

Scott: No, it's Veronica. Hey. You okay?

Veronica[OTP]Not really. My mom's spiraling, and I'm on the verge. I just wanted to talk. Where are you?

Scott[OTP]; I'm with Betty and Archie. We're looking for Jughead.

Veronica[OTP]: Wait. you guys went on a manhunt without me? I'll come meet you.

Scott[OTP]: We're at the bus station,but it's shut down for the night.

Veronica[OTP]: What's the one place in town that's open hours? Hint, we were just there.

         - - - - POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE- - - -
   The group of friends walk through the door of the diner. Veronica directs to where Jughead is sitting, who has a look of defeat on his face. They all walk to the booth, to where their friend is sitting

Archie: Jug.

Betty: Jug, we're so sorry... About everything.

Jughead doesn't say a word. he continues staring out the window, not even acknowledging his "friends". It was at that moment they all realized how badly they hurt him.

Archie: Juggy, we screwed up. We all did. Breaking into your dad's trailer was wrong, but at least some good came out of it.

Jughead: Pretty sure my dad was just arrested for murder.

Scott: That might not be the case man.

Suddenly, Jughead turned around. Making sure he heard what Scott said correctly.

Jughead: What do you mean?

Veronica: That gun wasn't there when we searched his trailer. Someone put it there after we left.

Jughead: What are you talking about?

       - - - - RIVERDALE SHERIFF STATION- - - -
   Later, all five of them,including Jughead, arrived at the sheriff station- - to see what they can do in helping FP.

Archie: Excuse me, sir. We need to see Sheriff Keller.

Betty: There's been a huge mistake.

    Then, out of the corner of Scott's eye, he sees Sheriff Keller, walking pass the front desk.

Scott: Sheriff, we need to talk to you about FP Jones.

Sheriff Keller: What about him? -

Archie; He's innocent.

Veronica: He's being framed.

Sheriff Keller: Then why did he just confess?

   Suddenly, to all there shock, they see FP being led away in handcuffs. In that mere second, Jughead's world shatters in front of him. Scott knew that this wasn't right. He knew FP didn't have the murder weapon in his trailer and he believed that he was being framed. Scott knew, at that moment, if anyone was gonna solve this mystery - - it was gonna be The Knight, one way or another.