Chapter 13

In Chaos City - 16 years ago

A small two-year-old blue hedgehog walked down the long halls of the Chaos City castle, which seemed to stretch out for kilometers. The halls were decorated with a velvet rug that matched the crimson red curtains that hung by the enormous glass windows with different patterns on them. The kid abruptly stopped by one of the many oak doors, his emerald green eyes scanned the swirls and shapes that decorated the entryway as he slowly walked up to it. The toddler wore a golden coronet with three sapphire gems embedded into it, one of his ears drooped to the side as it seemed that his ears were too big for such a small hedgehog; he also wore white gloves and red shoes with white straps on them. A gentle smile graced his muzzle.

Step after step, he neared the much larger door than him with an outstretched arm, but as he was about to push open the door a deep voice behind him cleared their throat and made the blue hedgehog retract his arm.

"Your Royal Highness, sir, you are not allowed to enter the king's office, as His Majesty is in an important meeting discussing major business. He has personally requested to not be interrupted by anyone and that there is to be silence while he works"

The blue hedgehog's ears dropped a bit and so did his smile. Without turning around he sighed softly and nodded courtly.

"Ok, thank you for...t-telling me"

The kid turned around to see a wolf wearing a suit of silver armour, he was one of the many knights and one of the guards. His iron glistened in the sunlight that came from one of the windows; several swirls and symbols decorated the surface of the armour. His fur was almost invisible as it was hard to see through the unbreakable vest, his long black tail and head were the only ways to identify the colour of this anthropomorphic animal. Unlike most knights, the one in front of the blue hedgehog did not wear a helmet that came along with the 'uniform'. The older mobian stared down at the younger one, his mouth forming the definition of a straight line, yet his orange eyes showed compassion and respect. Only after the kid in front of him stuttered out his sentence did his face change, a small sad smile tucked at the corners of his lips as he saw the toddler in front of him fiddle with his gloves and look from the door he wanted to enter back to the floor.

"Sir Zephyr, would you like to know when his Majesty will be available?"

The smaller hedgehog's ears twitched for a second in irritation at the formality of the one in front of him, but that was immediately replaced by a bright smile that spread across his tan muzzle.

Zephyr: "Yes please, sir Alexander"

The now identified wolf in front of him grinned from ear to ear and rolled his eyes as he caught on to what the prince in front of him meant by the formality, making Zephyr giggle. Alexander wasn't just a personal guard, but also the blue hedgehog's self-defense trainer and, in Zephyr's eyes, an uncle.

Alexander: "Ok, I'll stop being so formal. The king should be done with his work in about an hour."

The blue kid crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. Alexander chuckled, putting his hands on both of his hips, and shook his head lightly.

Alexander: "You know there has to be a lot of things done for the upcoming visit from the 'Dark' royal family."

The young prince shuffled with his feet and looked down. His ears were pinned back to his skull and his emerald green eyes traveled around the halls, not daring to meet with orange ones. The 'Dark' was meeting 'Light' for a peace settlement. The blue hedgehogs family was one of the royal families of 'Light' and they were expecting a visit from one of the families of 'Dark'. Many stories were told about 'Dark' in "Light' places, they were described as heartless, evil, full of hatred, and many more names. Many mobians feared the opposite side as they only heard terrible things from everyone, the lights and darks were constantly at war or in a dispute. That was supposed to change today, the young prince's father, the king of Azalea, Malice, and the king of Erebus, Nox, were meeting in Chaos City, to end the war between 'Light' and 'Dark'.