Chapter 7

Shadow Pov

Sonic started treating the scar on my chest, he started to clean it and I flinched because of how much it stung. I didn't even realize I was gripping the blue hedgehog's hand until I felt him rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb, which felt oddly...comforting. Sonic glanced up at me and gave me a reassuring smile, I felt my heart melt and I let my mask fall. He started wrapping the bandage around my chest and moved closer to me. My head started to spin and I felt really cold all of a sudden. I shivered and swayed forward hugging Sonic in the process, I felt his warm breath on my chest fur, and his body tensed up.

Sonic: "S-shadow"

Silence, after a while of me trying to regain my balance and clear my vision I felt him slowly hug me. He buried his face in my chest fur and we stayed still for a while. I looked down at him and it felt...right, and comforting. Another shiver ran through my body and I felt him hug me tighter, but not that much as to not hurt my wound.

Sonic: "Shadz...you can hold on to me for as long as you want to regain your balance...you're freezing..."

He de-attached himself from me and looked at me concerned. How did he know I was off balance? He looked behind him and took the blanket that was neatly folded behind him, unfolding it and throwing it over my shoulders. I glared at him slightly, but he just chuckled and tried to get up. He lifted himself up and tried to not put pressure on his ankle.

When he got up he looked at me and smiled. I saw him wobbling towards the kitchen and after a few seconds he came back with a glass of water and a pill, he sat down and handed me the items. He looked me in the eyes and I saw compassion in his eyes as he tilted his head to the side and let one of his ears droop, which made him look... cute....what the heck is wrong with me!. He lifted his gloved hand towards my forehead and quickly retracted it. His face turned to a concerned one. I looked at him skeptically and with a face that read 'Explain', I wanted to know how he knew I was lightheaded.

Sonic: "When you...um...h-hugged me... I-i felt how you were trying to not fall and were putting your entire weight on me so...um...I brought you some water and a painkiller since I felt you shiver and thought that it might help with... y-your h-headache."

He stuttered out and looked to the side, rubbing his arm awkwardly.

Shadow: "I don't get sick Faker, I'm the Ultimate Lifeform"

The blue hedgehog rolled his eyes and looked at me with a serious face and I looked back at him jaded.

Sonic: "Shadz, you might not get sick, but you should still drink this pill to feel a bit better"

I sighed and drank the water with the pill. I was already dry and I felt Sonic put a band-aid over the scar on my forehead. Why was he so caring? He was always so cocky and careless and I never saw this side of him. We sat in silence for a while before he grabbed the remote control sitting on the coffee table in front of us and flashed me a grin.

Sonic: "While we wait for the weather to clear and for...well... our injuries to heal a bit. Do you want to watch something?"

I looked at him for a while and gave him a small nod. He smiled brightly at me and put the TV on, the news started to roll, and a mobian green female hedgehog appeared on the screen. The tips of her quills were darker green and each of her eyes was a different colour; her left eye was a dark blue and her right eye was a turquoise colour. She wore a black jacket with the zipper being cyan blue and a turquoise stone was close to her neck, she had blue shorts as well. She started talking about how the weather was going to get better, but I wasn't listening as I looked at Sonic and saw him grinning from ear to ear. I looked at him with a confused look and he saw it. He read my expression and told me why he was grinning.