Chapter 9

A blue blur twisted and maneuvered through the thick vegetation. A 2-year-old hedgehog was running around the forest, occasionally turning around when he was deemed to be too far from his home.

"Sonic! Where are you son?"

The blue boy's ears swiveled to identify and register the voice as he giggled and turned around, running towards the source of the voice. When he was 10 meters away from the mobian that was looking for him he hid behind a bush, being careful not to make a sound when separating the leaves and little branches, and couldn't stop himself from laughing quietly. He peered through the undergrowth, his emerald green eyes blending in with the greenery around him. A few meters away from him stood a tall adult mobian wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a midnight blue jacket and had orange hair, beard, and a mustache. He was standing in front of a small white house, just enough for his family of three to live in, he had his arms crossed over his chest and was scanning his surrounding, he then heard a small giggle coming from a bush nearby and a gentle smile spread across his features lifting his bushy orange mustache. He suddenly turned around with a mischievous smirk and called out to someone inside.

"Hey honey, Sonic probably doesn't want those chilidogs since he's running around so we'll just have to eat them by ourselves"

This made the blue hedgehog's eyes widen a bit and he zoomed over to the male mobian, leaping up into his arms. The taller mobian caught the blue spike ball and chuckled to himself when he saw leaves stuck in the toddler's quills. The kid started giggling and looked up at the older mobian with cheery and innocent eyes.

Sonic: "I'm here Dad!"

He yelled out and hugged his 'dad'. From the open door of the house came out a female mobian with tan skin. She had long orange hair which was neatly pulled up by a yellow and green headband. She wore a long yellow-green dress and had a white-yellow stripe back collar. The female mobian seemed to have a middle-class attire than her husband who had a lower-class attire. She was holding a plate of chilidogs in her hands and had a wide smile across her muzzle when she saw her husband holding their 'son' and tickling him with the blue toddler squirming in his embrace and laughing. She placed the plate of food on a wooden table that was set up in front of the house.

She always wanted to have a child, but a few years ago she found out she could not, when she found out the news her heart was crushed and she cried for days with her husband soothing her and telling her that everything was going to be ok. Every day she would pray for some kind of miracle to happen, that's when one spring night, at around 11 pm, they heard a knock on the door. When they opened the door, they found a two-year-old hoglet asleep in a basket big enough for the small child to curl up in and a blanket neatly wrapped around him, black markings were on his hands and he seemed to have a few burn marks across his cobalt and peach coloured fur making the couple concerned and rushed him inside to treat his wounds. When bandages were put around the sleeping figure the couple noticed something else. On his blanket was a small note with some writing scribbled on it, it looked as if the note was written in a hurry as the writing was messy and there was an ink stain at the bottom of the paper. The note said 'Please take care of our son, we know he will be in good hands with you. He can't stay with us as he would be in grave danger along with his siblings. We love him and his siblings so so much, please...when he grows up. Tell him we didn't want to leave him, tell him, we love him. He possesses a lot of powers, so please don't be alarmed. His name is Zephyr, but if people hear that name he would be in danger, so give him another. As much as it pains me to let go of our offspring, I must say sayonara, for his safety and his sibling's safety. Thank you.' The couple looked at each other and then at the sleeping blue hedgehog with sadness in their eyes, trying to figure out what was going on. That's when they made the biggest decision of their life, to raise the child as their own. Their dream of having a child came true and they couldn't be happier, although they vowed to show their 'son' the letter in the future, and show him how much he was loved.

You give me a headacheOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara