Chapter 12

A blue blur sped its way through a city, maneuvering past passing cars and pedestrians who were walking on the sidewalk. Occasionally some would crane their necks to see what just passed by them at such high velocity, others cheered as they recognized the blue being and the rest didn't even flinch as they already knew what or rather who it was.

After getting through the crowded city, the blue blur headed off into a green forest, leaving the place with fumes and smog and entering a place with fresh air. The blue speedster slowed down to a slower pace as the thick vegetation of the forest made it harder to move around freely, but he still ran at an incredible speed. Left, right, over a log, jumping...all of that with a deep frown on the blue hedgehog's face. After Sonic made sure he was deep in the forest where most mobians nor humans went, he rubbed his face using both of his hands while still running. After a groan escaped his lips, he let out an angry cry.

Sonic: "Why can't just one single f*cking thing go right! Why do those pieces of sh*t, that call themselves G.U.N-"

He used his hands to imitate speech marks when he said the name of the organization and his face was full of hatred and disgust.

Sonic: "-have to be so nosy and start searching for that stupid rock! They can't just mind their own d*mn business!

Hazel: "JJ, you should-"

A female voice came from the frustrated hedgehog's communicator, but she was quickly cut off by the blue hedgehog snapping at her.

Sonic: "I swear to chaos, if you tell me to calm down I will hang up"

There was a moment of silence as Sonic heard a frustrated sigh.

Hazel: "First of all, you're the one that called me! Second, I wasn't going to tell you to calm down, I was going to tell you that if you don't look where you're going, Grey-Sky will be the least of your problems"

Sonic growled and looked down at his wrist to see the name Azy on the screen. He had called the green hedgehog after he and Shadow parted ways since the G.U.N agent needed to pack his things for the mission and advised his rival to do the same. 

A few minutes ago

The two rivals left the cobalt hedgehog's house. They walked down the dirt path before the black and red hedgehog stopped in his tracks, making the blue hedgehog that was lost in his thoughts bump into his. The Ultimate Lifeform turned around and saw the one he called 'Faker' rub his forehead.

Sonic: "Geez Shadow, I didn't know we were playing musical statues. Why'd you stop?"

The black hedgehog scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, he looked at the blue hedgehog annoyed, and rolled his eyes.

Shadow: "Why?"

The blue blur looked at the other confused and tilted his head, making one of his ears flop down to the side. Seeing his confusion, the older one quickly expanded his sentence.

Shadow: "Why do you want to go on this mission, shouldn't you be with your stupid friends, they're probably worried about their hero, especially the fox kit."

Shadow looked sternly at Sonic making the latter avert his gaze to the ground. He started shuffling with his feet and bit his lip. A panicked facial expression overtook his face, which made the other look at him confused.

In Sonics mind

Sonic: Crap, sh*t, crap

Fleetway: Do you need to go to the bathroom or something?

Sonic: What? No!

Hyper: How about you say... umm...oh I know, you could say you want to go because you need to clear your head from what happened earlier