Chapter 5

Sonic Pov

After I said how my foster parents died, I couldn't help but let a few tears roll down my muzzle, falling on my gloved hands and soaking through them. My sisters hugged me tightly and were telling me that everything was fine. I looked again at that torturous clock, something about it brought comfort now, the fact that it was still ticking and showed that it was going to be lunch brought sanity to my mind. After I calmed myself down, I lifted one of my hands towards my face and wiped away the tears that wanted to come out. I sat there for a while with my hand over my eyes until I shook my head and chuckled lightly.

Sonic: "I'm pathetic, look at me, I'm crying in front of you. I'm the hero of Mobius, I shouldn't cry."

Laurel looked at me with shock and Aurora narrowed her eyes at me. The latter grabbed me by my shoulders and looked at me with angry purple eyes.

Aurora: "Sonic the Hedgehog. Just because you are the hero of Mobius doesn't mean you can't cry, you went through so much and what you just told us was just a small fraction of it all. I'm surprised you held it in for so long. You keep bottling up your emotions, trying to make everyone happy, trying to make it seem as if everything was fine, but in the end... you're the one getting hurt! We know you, sometimes you just have to empty that bottle and cry, and that's ok, that just makes you mobian... it proves that you care."

She was out of breath in the end. I looked at her with wide eyes, I think she was also surprised by what she said as she started blinking fast and covered her mouth quickly. Laurel nodded slowly and with a quiet voice she said.

Laurel: "She's right"

I turned to look at her and she looked up at me since I was a bit taller.

Laurel: "You care so much about others, you don't want to tell anyone about what you went through because you don't want them to worry, but you kept this inside for so long...it...might help if you talked about it. You don't have to, but we are here to listen."

I looked at my lap quickly and closed my eyes, pinning my ears to my head. I trusted them, I trusted them with my life, but I didn't want them to worry.

In his mind

Super: Tell them

Sonic: You're back?

Dark: Of course we're back, we've been gone for a few hours and this is what happens.

Dark Spine: For Chaos sake, just tell them.

Excalibur: I think that thou story should be told.

Sonic: Gee, I will

Real world

I decided to tell them how I met...her. I looked in front of me and sighed. I leaned back and started.

Flashback

Pain, sadness, anger...all of these emotions were coursing through the small hedgehog's body. He didn't talk to anyone, didn't smile, and would eat barely anything. A month has passed since their death, he would only go into the Freedom Fighters base and train or go on a mission to help the resistance with the defeat of the human he despised the most. He stopped talking to his friends, acted cold towards them and when people asked what was wrong he would either stay quiet or lash out at them to shut up. He was just 6 years old, but he learned how to shoot with multiple guns and learned different types of martial arts, which he didn't use much since he mostly used his incredible speed. Every time there would be someone explaining a plan to destroy one of the dictator's factories, the small kid would lean against a wall with his arms crossed and listen quietly, not looking at anyone and not wishing to talk to anyone.