"I know it's part of your job, but I'm worried you'll overwork yourself," I say.

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm fine." he gives me a reassuring smile.

I'll never get over the way it looks when he smiles. He isn't showing his teeth, but the way his lips curl upward, even if it's just the tiniest bit, is just so gorgeous and I never thought I'd see that.

Not because I thought Jungkook would never laugh or smile in his life. I know he has moments where he enjoys himself and finds things amusing, but I never thought he'd give me a smile.

"So..." he begins. "That dinner we talked about before I had to go on a trip. How does Saturday sound to you?"

I get excited and I can't help the bliss that travels through my body. "Let me pull up my schedule," I joke, grabbing my phone and pretending to reschedule nonexistent meetings. "I'm a busy woman, you know."

He steps closer, his expression remaining neutral as always. "Oh, are you?" he asks.

"Mhmm." I agree, setting my phone aside. "But I think I can squeeze you in somewhere."

I've always wondered how he manages to stay so neutral, making it difficult sometimes to tell if he's amused by something or not. In the past, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference, but these days I can see that he is indeed amused by our conversation, even if his face doesn't bear it.

He tilts his head to the side and his eyes darken. "I think you should consider canceling the other plans—"

Someone entering the kitchen interrupts Jungkook in the middle of his sentence. Or maybe I'm the one interrupting him because I push him aside when I see Noah approaching. Jungkook seems caught off guard, but recovers as he turns to look where I'm looking.

My heart is pounding. "Noah, hi!" I greet him loudly. He flinches a little because there's probably no other person as loud as me this early in the morning. He looks like he's half-asleep.

"Hi," he mumbles back and when he recognizes Jungkook's presence, he straightens a bit. He looks back and forth between us and I panic. What if he suspects something?

I laugh comically. "Mr. Jeon just shared a joke with me, right Mr. Jeon?" I look back at Jungkook, who looks quite calm on the contrary. Am I the only one who's worried? Jungkook faces me and his eyes look confused. "Mr. Jeon, why don't you tell Noah the same joke?"

I'm making the situation increasingly worse because neither Jungkook nor Noah seem to understand what's going on. Jungkook doesn't get the hint and I form a mental image of me beating him for it. He supports me like a bra. And I rarely wear bras.

"He must have forgotten." I punch Jungkook in the arm laughing, but then realize how unprofessional that comes across. Noah doesn't seem to notice this.

"Actually, I'm just here to get a glass of water," he says.

I turn around to the cabinet above my head and pull out a glass. Filling it with water, I shove it into his hand so that it almost has some spilling out of it.

"How about we get back to work?" I ask, grabbing onto Noah's arm and starting to pull him out of the kitchen. He doesn't protest and lets me lead him away.

Before we've completely stepped out of the kitchen, I make a few facial expressions like winking as if to show Jungkook that I have everything under control and he doesn't have to worry. I move my lips, telling him I'll see him later, which he doesn't understand.