🏳️‍⚧️💖Coming Out- Doyoung

Request by: Jezellemia

TRIGGER WARNING: Not Sure if it's a "Trigger" but Doyoung is FTM Transgender

Everyone has secrets, that's just a fact of life. Even K-pop idols need to keep some things to themselves but that can prove difficult when you live with 22 people in a small dorm.

Kim Doyoung was an average man, he was talented, tall, healthy, and fairly attractive.

But he had a secret, a secret that he was absolutely terrified of his members finding out.

Kim Doyoung was Transgender.

He had been born biologically female, lived his childhood in confusion, his adolescence in pain and disgust until he finally figured out what the problem was.

A disconnect between his brain and body telling him that something had gone wrong at birth.

When he told his mother during his junior year of high school, he was utterly horrified of her response. His mother was traditional and believed in raising her children the way she was raised, despite knowing that the chances of her understanding were very slim, he couldn't continue to live trapped in the wrong body.

To his complete shock, his mother smiled at him taking him in her arms and stroking his back. Doyoung had begun to cry into her floral blouse feeling overwhelmed and so so grateful for her reaction.

She wiped his tears and moved her hands to rest on his shoulders.

"Baby." She said softly.

He met her eyes cautiously.

"thank you for telling me sweetheart."

His eyes went wide shaking his head in shock.

"you...you knew?"

She smiled at him softly and brushed a piece of his hair out of his face.

"I knew you were hiding something. I wasn't sure what but I could see how unhappy you've been, I just didn't want to approach you until you were ready."

Doyoung bit his lip as more tears fell down his face.

"I'm sorry mom...I'm sorry I turned out this way..."

"hey, sweetheart why are you apologizing? Look at me my love."

He did, his eyes red and wet.

"you are still my child; you are still my baby who I love unconditionally. And nothing will ever change that."

After those words doyoung broke down completely sobbing into his mother's shirt thanking her over and over again.

She held him until he calmed down and then gently rose him back up, wiping his cheeks with her thumbs.

"sweetheart?"

"hm?"

"what do you want me to call you from now on? Have you thought of your name?"

"oh...um, is...is it okay if I change my name mom?"

"of course it is sweetheart, we need to get it changed so I can inform the school so you don't get called the wrong thing anymore."

"um..well, I was thinking of going by...by Doyoung."

She smiled at her son.

"I love that, it really suits you."