🩹💖Back Pain - Jaemin

Request by: 31LouisTomlinson31

It wasn't unknown that jaemin had suffered a pretty severe back injury during his early days as a rookie but after he healed it seemed that most people forgot about it, well except for jaemin obviously.

Like any injury aftermath, there's always days where pain can flare up, swelling can occur, mobility can simply be compromised.

Today was one of those days for na jaemin.

The dreamies were practicing some new choreos as usual, everything going smoothly until about halfway through practice.

Jaemin went to do his next move when he felt a painful tightness in his lower back. he rubbed the aching area thinking it was just a pulled muscle or soreness from exercise, but I really didn't go away.

He gritted his teeth in pain as he pressed his fingers to his spine trying to alleviate the pressure in any way he could.

The dance had ended and the dreamies went to take a water and bathroom break. Jaemin struggled to get over to the bench where his bag was. He bent down to grab his water when his back locked up yet again, this time way worse than before. He grunted In pain holding his back rubbing the area harshly. He felt a stabbing aching pain at the base of his spine, it hurt so bad he wanted to scream.

He crouched down and held onto the bench for balance support as being straight up seemed to hurt worse. As he was crouched over haechan came over with a cheery grin. He spotted jaemin on the floor and went up playfully smacking him on the back just to be annoying, but he froze in shock as jaemin let out a pained cry and fell over hitting the floor as tears slowly leaked out of his eyes.

The rest of the dreamies stopped what they were doing and ran over to jaemin in concern, Renjun and mark kneeling down next to the crying boy.

"hyuck! What did you do?" mark asked quickly as he watched the agony on jaemin's face.

"I swear I didn't hurt him! I just patted his back!" haechan defended feeling confused and a little guilty.

Mark leaned down and placed a gentle hand on jaemin's head stroking his hair softly.

"nana? Honey what's wrong? What hurts baby?"

Jaemin struggled to muster enough energy to speak. He bit his lip before he whined.

"my...my back..."

Mark's eyes went wide recalling jaemin's spine injury a few years back.

"chenle go get our manager, sungie, run upstairs and grab a heating pad please." Mark ordered as he cradled jaemin in his lap feeling how tense he was.

The two ran off to complete their tasks as mark and Renjun tried to help jaemin feel better.

"jen, come here please." Mark said alerting jeno. He knelt down next to them listening carefully.

"hold nana in you lap like this okay? I'm gonna rub his back."

Jeno nodded and quickly took jaemin into his lap so that jaemin was laying flat on his stomach, his head resting on jeno's thighs while he carded his fingers through his hair and cooed to him softly.

Mark slid over and lifted up jaemin's shirt pressing his hands to the boy's aching spine. He rubbed deep circles over jaemin's back making him cry out in pain but also relieve some of the pain.

Jisung returned with a heating pad in his arms freshly warmed up. he handed it to mark and joined haechan on the floor.

Mark pressed the pad onto jaemin's back and jeno felt jaemin relax slightly, his eyes no longer watering.